Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Duplicating Pages & Their Respective Hyperlinks

Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am using Acrobat Professional 9.

I have a 2,000+ page document that, when printed, is placed into 4 volumes (4 three-ring binders).  Each binder must contain the same, 16-page long table of contents (the table of contents is comprehensive for all 4 volumes).  Because both the paper and electronic copies of this document are needed, it must remain formatted for both purposes.  The 4 identical tables of contents must each be hyperlinked, and the whole document is already bookmarked.

I have the Volume #1 table of contents hyperlinked.  However, I cannot find any way to duplicate these pages, with their respective, working hyperlinks, into Volumes #2, 3, and 4.  Because the table of contents is sixteen pages long, it is not practical to manually hyperlink each line item--this would cause me to have to hyperlink a total of 64 pages' worth of line items.

Does anyone have any idea how to duplicate the pages while preserving their hyperlinks?  I found a way to extract the pages with their hyperlinks; however, the hyperlinks stop working before and/or when the pages are reinserted or replaced in Volume #2.  I have tried every way that I can come up with, but to no avail.  This seems like it should be so simple....

I offer you so many thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step back to look at the issue.  Consider using a more effective authoring application that better supports your publishing (digital / print) needs.  For similarly very large, living documents I used Adobe FrameMaker "Books".

With a competent understanding of FM and an appropriate "FM build" of the document content you can attain what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, CtDave, this is the only application at my disposal.  If it were up to me, I would have the file bookmarked only.  However, this document has specific formatting requirements, as per a District of Columbia governmental authority, and I must meet those requirements (and they are so frustratingly fussy) to be able to close out the construction contract....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines