Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR and the addition of random color

New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

This may be a strange request, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me reverse engineer out what OCR settings I used on a specific file. I ran OCR on a UFO document that was made public by the FBI (https://vault.fbi.gov/UFO/UFO%20Part%205%20of%2016/view), and they came out with these lovely, irregular bits of light blue added onto the pages. I cannot figure out how or why this occurred. It won't happen when I run OCR on the same file again, or on other files from the same source. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can go about getting Acrobat to give me these same errors again. I've tried changing the settings and finding answers online, but to no avail. I've attached the OCR'd version, and the original. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @robertg51452877 ,

I am not able to see your attaches files at this time.

If you go to File => Document Properties => see the section "PDF Producer".

Wouldyou mind posting back with the producing software that was used to create this PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. That is Adobe's OCR trying to read your document and not doing a great job. Abbyy Fine Reader will really be the tool you want for such a difficult OCR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines