Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF edited in Acrobat Pro DC, fonts not displaying properly in Edge/Reader

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm editing a PDF in Acrobat Pro DC (the font I'm using is Myriad Roman, which I installed). However when I open the edited PDF in Microsoft Edge/Reader, the characters I typed in all come out as random symbols rather than letters/numbers.

How can I fix this (i.e. ensure that the PDF looks consistent between Acrobat Pro DC, Microsoft Edge/Reader, etc.)?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this happening for a specific PDF or for all the files?

Could you send us the original and the edited file so that we can have a look at it? You can use https://cloud.acrobat.com​ to send the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having same problem.  First, I want my default to be Arial but it's always Minion Pro.  When I reopen the document random numbers and letters are missing or replaced with an X.  

How do I set my default to be Arial?

Do I need to install or embed certain fonts to my computer, even though I see them as available in Acrobat?

How do I do that?

Lastly, when I'm working on a document it sometimes will not allow me to save it.  I am saving to Google Drive.  I have to rename it in order to save it.

Thankyou,

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines