• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing videos into PDF using web URL instead of local file?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe Chat Support twice but no one knew the answer or how to do this. It is getting pretty frustrating.

I have the latest Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I want to place videos into my PDF document. Local video files work fine, but I need to insert a lot of videos, meaning the PDF file size will get pretty large, and I don't want that. Instead, I want to be able to use a web URL to reference the video and have that video appear in my document.

I have checked out these resources:

Acrobat Help | Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs

Acrobat Help | Adding multimedia to PDFs

... along with a lot of forums and web, but no working answers have been found.

What I want:

Video playing inside the document, referenced from a web URL, looking like below:

sample1.png

I tried:

Rich Media > Add Video, but this error appears

I tried youtube, vimeo, dropbox .mp4 links but nothing works.

I tried embed codes from youtube but Acrobat says it doesn't recognize <iframe> code.

Capture1.PNG

On the Adobe website I posted, this is what Adobe said:

"Adding video, sound, and interactive content transforms PDFs into multidimensional communication tools that increase interest and engagement in your documents."

"Another way to add multimedia is by entering a URL that refers to a video file or streaming media. Three types of URLs can be used: RTMP, HTTP, and HTTPS. On HTTP and HTTPS servers, H.264-compliant MOV and MP4 files are supported."

My question:

Can what I want be done? And HOW?

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

You need to link directly to the video file with a fully qualified URl. You can't use services like YouTube or Vimeo which obfuscate the URL to the actual video.

Try the URL below.

https://archive.org/download/CEP318/CEP318_512kb.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having trouble, even when I tried to use your sample of the archive mp4 link the video didn't play in Google Chrome browser. Any updates on how to solve this issue for the 2020 update?

Also any other options other than WordPress for uploading mp4 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @JoelGeraci_Datalogics ,

I am having the same problem.... try clicking on the link you provided but all it brings me to is a video of a sun. I would like to add a demo video using a url.

Im try to make a template for potential buyer.

Help please😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines