Exit

Recent List, Slow Down Preview, Freeze/Crashing

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

19.008.20080 Optional update, October 22, 2018

This optional update isn't optional when you have a monthly subscription to DC and something has occurred since this update and today 10/29.

1. The program has a different opening sequence of windows than before that I am not worried about at the moment, what went missing thought between when this update actually took hold in my laptop and today is the "clear recent file" option is no longer available, NEED THIS!

2. DC is no longer previewing in windows explorer or taking forever to show a file image

3. Poor performance, freezing or crashing not sure what you call it but while trying to open files the program is taking a long time to open particular files, twice now just hung up for about 2 minutes.

I haven't had issues in the past with DC so I am a little concerned with this update. I use the program frequently enough that I know when it's "sick" and it has gotten sick with this current update.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lynneb,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to locate the clear files option in Acrobat as well as unable to preview pdf files in windows explorer, also Acrobat is crashing when viewing pdf files in Acrobat, is that correct?

You can clear recent files by locating "remove from recent" in the right hand pane by selecting a file or multiple pdf files under "Recent" tab. Below are the screenshots:

Also, you mentioned, Acrobat is freezing and unable to preview pdf files in explorer, could you try installing the latest patch for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  reboot the machine after resetting preferences and check.

Is there any error message when Acrobat crashes?

Are the files you are trying to open located on a network drive? If yes, have you tried saving them locally on the machine and opening them in Acrobat, Does that help? 

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines