• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen reader -- French-language document -- Accessibility

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just taggeed an accessible pdf, with French as the default language for the document. JAWS is reading the tooltips in French correctly, but the instructions are being read in English. Do I need to change the default language of Adobe or my OS so that it reads the instructions in French ?   The second and perhaps more annoying problem I am having is that after each fillable field, the instructions say "Document" as opposed to "Type a text."  I can't figure out why; this does not occur in the equivalent English language text.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jaws PDF software is not dependent on Adobe software for operation. You need to contact Jaws Customer Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure that is correct. It is reading pefectly in Foxit PDF editor, which suggests it is an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't understand that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your containers all have English specified it will not respect the parent container. There is a PDF Fixup to "Set document language to the language in the tag structure"

1. Print Production > Preflight
  2. Make sure your dropdown says 2015 Profiles
  3. Click the blue wrench
  4. Search for Language
  5. Select the right fixup
  6. Click Fix at the bottom.

Preflight fixup showing dialog box with Document language selected.Preflight fixup showing dialog box with Document language selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines