Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signing with certificate without date / timestamp

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need to sign a document with a certified signature, but without the date (timestamp) appearing next to the signature. This is because my administration won't accept the document if it has a timestamp.

I can't find a way to do it, anyone can help?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

You can do it by creating a new Appearance for your signature profile that doesn't contain the date.

Click the signature field, select your profile and then select Create New Appearance under the Appearance drop-down. In the dialog window that opens un-tick the "Date" check-box under "Configure Text", give it a name (such as "Sig. Without Date") and then save it and use it for signing the file:

try67_0-1713347290611.png

Of course, your signature will still contain the timestamp of when it was applied, but it won't b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it by creating a new Appearance for your signature profile that doesn't contain the date.

Click the signature field, select your profile and then select Create New Appearance under the Appearance drop-down. In the dialog window that opens un-tick the "Date" check-box under "Configure Text", give it a name (such as "Sig. Without Date") and then save it and use it for signing the file:

try67_0-1713347290611.png

Of course, your signature will still contain the timestamp of when it was applied, but it won't be visible on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'm on mac, so it's slightly different, but I found it now (there's "Create" in the top right corner of the window that appears when you sign; weirdly, that's where you can remove the timestamp)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines