• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting a pdf 1 page document into 2 pages

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded a 1-page pdf that is 8 x 11 and it really is 2 pages.  It is in book style.  Is there a way in Acrobat to change the pdf from 2 pages on one page to 2 separate pages?

Thank you all for your help!

Jami

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Take a look here for a solution: Page Splitter Redux - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here for a solution: Page Splitter Redux - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I have the Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  I am unsure how to work that solution into this program on a Mac.  I am afraid to mess things up in the folders and I do not see some of the folders the author was speaking of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are actually talking to the author

The article was written a few years ago, and with Acrobat DC, Adobe changed the user interface dramatically. You can still import the sequence and run it, but the process is slightly different. I just ran through the steps on a Mac using Sierra, so chances are what you will see is pretty close: On the page I linked to are two links to sequences, one for Acrobat X, the second one for Acrobat XI. Right-click or two-finger-tap on Acrobat XI link and save the file to your computer. The file will be saved with a .xml extension, which is wrong (Safari is trying to be smart about the type of file, but does get it wrong in this instance). You will have to rename the file from SplitPages.sequ.xml to SplitPages.sequ. You should see the icon for the file change when you do that. Now you can double-click on the file, and Acrobat will ask you if you want to import it. You have to click "Yes" or "OK" on a couple more confirmation screens. Then the Action should be installed in your copy of Acrobat. To use it, you will have to open up the Action Wizard. Just type "Action" in the tool search field at the top of the Tools area and then select to run an Action. Select the Action you just imported ("Split Pages"), select the files you want to apply the action to and run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl,

Oh my gosh!  You ROCK!  Thank you so much!  You are my hero!

Health, Happiness & Blessings!

Jami

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been looking for a long time for a fast way to split pages in Acrobat, and you seem to have found the solution. One question, though. You wrote this in 2018, so would it still be valid now, in 2022? I use Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported in the meantime and it runs like a dream!  Thank you very, very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Karl Heinz Kremer 

I had the same problem and your script solved it with a blink of an eye.

I just downloaded the splitpages.js file and added it to the mentioned path, then restarted Acrobat DC, and it is done!

Thanks,
Mohamed GadAllah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just stumbled across this thread after doing a search. Thank you so much for this. What a time saver!

Marcie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines