• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The print menu won't work anymore since yesterday afternoon. Is it a known bug?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since yesterday afternoon it isn't possible to print anymore. If I select the print option within the pull down menu nothing happens anymore. Until yesterday afternoon I had the printer menu to select a printer, paper etc., but now nothings happens.

Please help bc the usual workflow isn't possible anymore.

Thanx

Anna

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

Please let me know which OS are you using?

Does repairing Acrobat help?

Regards,
Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact the same problem since today.

The print dialog doesn't open in any case. In all other application (InDesign/Pages etc) it works.

in the following screenshots of my software-status

Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-12 um 13.49.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-12 um 13.49.24.png

thanks    hp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have logged a bug# 4152231 for further investigation.

I have sent you individual emails for a remote sharing session so that we can check the issue.

Kindly respond to the same.

Regards,
Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a time frame for a fix on this problem. Its is quite difficult to run a print shop without the ability to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also started having this issue this morning.

I have an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Spoke with tech from Adobe, he suggested I delete my printers and re-add them changing the name to not less than 10 characters no spaces. Did it. Still doesn't work.

Tried to contact support again by phone, but been on hold for a half hour with no response.

What is the work around for this?

Aarrrgghh!!!! (swear word, swear word, swear word!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me:

Uninstall Adobe, empty the trash

Delete printer, empty the trash.

Restart

Add back printer with longer character name.

Download and install latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Not a tech guy, but this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no sense that it is a printing queue problem. It's DC. They work fine with every other adobe product before and after and DC update. Gotta get this fixed fast. I'm in the printing industry and we use Acrobat all day long. Worked great up until this "update"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me:

Uninstall Adobe, empty the trash

Delete printer, empty the trash.

Restart

Add back printer with longer character name.

Download and install latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Not a tech guy, but this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desperate, so I tried the uninstall/reinstall per RWInter195... didn't work... Still no print dialog window.

Also in the marketing/printing biz... kinda need to print from PDFs!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathy, as a temporary solution until this is resolved, can you print from Preview or Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... but not the same features available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader has the same problem. At least mine does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, hope this works for other too but it worked for me twice. I uninstalled using AppCleaner but you can probably use the Uninstaller to uninstall. Then install Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.010.20056 and don't run any other updates. I tried updating after installing this version and it broke again so only install this version (Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.010.20056) and the dialog box came up for me.

Good luck everyone!

Forgot to mention to reboot after uninstall and then empty trash before installing.

BTW, only found this version online but should also work.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/AcrobatDC/1501020059/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rave,

Thanks for taking time. My system is iMac 27'' Retina, OS 10.11.4.

I've done two new installations of Acrobat, but without any change.

Kind Regards

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue as of today. We have 2 Mac Pro (Late 2013) computers on the latest OS as of today and only 1 of our machines is experiencing the problem. It persists after uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat Pro DC, and occurs with all PDFs tested so far, including PDFs that print just fine on the other machine. We're both connected to the same printer on the same connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, running an iMac late 2013 with os 10.10.5

I was able to print pdfs just fine yesterday, however today when I go to print the same pdf nothing happens, no dialogue box or anything. I have uninstalled and re-installed as well as restarted, but no effect.

Its not a printer issue as I can print fine out of Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on a Mac Pro OS 10.11.4. Printed pdfs fine until I updated Acrobat Pro DC yesterday and now will not print at all. Preview prints pdfs fine, as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. i have spent 3 hours on the phone support, they dont have an answer yet. It was because of an update they pushed out. so dont update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just now noticed that I'm not updated to the latest acrobat but my coworker is, which is why i can still print. This is because the creative cloud title bar drop down doesn't show acrobat updates - i only see that there's an update through the acrobat help menu, thankfully.

Question: Is there an easy way to roll back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok with another hour on the phone, We deleted Acrobat DC from creative cloud, and downloaded Acrobat XI from "tiny.cc/olddownloads" Acrobat XI has not had the no print dialogue problems on mac. so if you work in printing and have to print today, revert back to XI until the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I hate to be redundant, but Acrobat DC printed fine on OS X 10.11.4 until I did an update yesterday.  I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it with still no response to File>Print or Command-P.  Pick any .pdf, even the one I edited two days ago with Acrobat DC, and the same print failure occurs. Editing seems to be OK and other applications (e.g., Preview) can read and print all of the tested files.

Yeah, it breaks a long-established workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem. DC & Reader will not launch the print dialog box. I don't know if this had anything to do with it but there was a screen advertising  the ability to save to BOX and some other things. I chose to close the window since i've been in the middle of a print job. After that no more printing.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines