• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit/

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me figure this out, I can open Acrobat and run it for about 5 seconds, then this message pops up "There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit." and Acrobat Pro closes.

I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and Acrobat Pro 9.3.3.  I have tried going back to a previous version of Acrobat but I get the same error.  I am using Firefox, someone suggested it is a Safari thing, but I have never used Safari, not sure why it would be associated anyway, but trying to give as much info as I can.

Help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Hi Qingzil,

We're sorry for the trouble, 

Adobe Acrobat and Reader 19.021.20056 Optional update, November 13, 2019 official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes

Please let us know if you experience any i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third-party plug-ins running? I've seen this error with older versions of .apps such as Enfocus Pitstop etc?

Check your plug-in usage via Acrobat menu (top left) and then 'About Third-Party Plugins' - any in there?

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, all that shows is adobe products. I am a bit baffled. It opens

and only stays open for about 30 seconds, then closes with that error

message. It will also give the error message immediately if I click

the help tab.

Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth removing all your Acrobat preferences/.plist files.

Alternatively, create a new user account and then launch Acrobat - does it still error?

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Again, unfortunately. And of course you will find through various searches that it is a reoccurring issue, one that Adobe seems to have failed to acknowledge.

You can delete your preference files. Same thing. RAISE blah blah crash.

You can even go and do a restore from an uncorrupted backup from over 4 months ago, and yet it still doesn't solve the problem, thus there is a compatibility issue.

The program is battling with another program (of which there really is no telling) and therefore crashing the moment you open it. The software itself is clean and uncorrupted, yet somewhere deep within OSX there is a problem that won't allow the software to open.

The only temporary solution i've found to solve the problem is a clean adobe install. Just delete and uninstall all and any traces of Adobe Acrobat, then reinstall to find a working adobe product. For a small while, at least.

I've never tried creating a new account, but from what others say it works. Not worth my time though.

If anyone was wondering I have zero third party plugins. Its straight from Adobe CS4. Pro version.

Someone above mentioned using the drop down menu in acrobat to reset the software. I can't even do that! The "RAISE" window pops up before that actual software! Its ridiculous!

Its really quite peeving to know that this issue has been around for years and Adobe seems to just ignore it. I know I don't want to pay for a company that fails to meet their customers needs. This is your problem Adobe, not ours to deal with. Fix It.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same thing - problem was with WebLink plugin after some update.

Locate Acrobat Plug-ins folder (right click on Adobe Acrobat Pro in Applications and select Show Package Contents), remove folder WebLink.acroplugin or replace it with previous version from backup, and restart Acrobat. Not sure if this plugin is big lost, but at least you should have your Acrobat running.

A bug like this should really be a shame for Adobe devs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Qingzil,

We're sorry for the trouble, 

Adobe Acrobat and Reader 19.021.20056 Optional update, November 13, 2019 official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still receiving the same error and am running the most recent version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Most recent version of Mac OS and most recent version of Adobe CC including Acrobat and it still happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a troubleshooting trick that works in computers running MS Windows.

At this time I only have linux and windows and Android so I can't show with screenshots that apply to your version of macOS.

BUT,  if you're able to locate in your mac where is Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, there is a file named EULA. (End User License Agreement).

When you find it, double-click to open it, accept the license agreement, click OK to close it, and the Raise without Handler problem should disappear the next time you open your Reader app.

Like I said, this seems to work on Windows but it is worth giving it a try in your mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this "RAISE without a handler" problem this morning with two files I tried to open. I checked Help/Check for Updates and there are no updates available. Acrobate Pro DC, Continuous Release, Version 2109.021.20061

Mac OS X 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening one of the problematic files with Reader instead of Pro, and I get the error message: The document's disk or the disk used for temporary files is full

There are 179GB free on my drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems, same OS. 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off a remote session with an Adobe agent who eventually used an app (the "Acro Cleaner") to remove some old unwanted clutter (Acro and Reader files). I then reinstalled Acrobat, and things seem back to normal. Here's that link:

https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue this morning.

For Mac's

to fix I did the following

open keychain access.app, (I opened it from spotlight)

on the left click on certificates

you will get a list of certificates on the right

highlight Adobe certificates, 

right click

click on [get info]

this opens up the Adobe certificates 

for each certificate 

Click on arrow just beside the work [trust] on the left

go to [when using this certificate], click [always trust] 

do this for each certificate 

close windows

you should now be able to View pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @fi2000 for that suggestion. I have enabled Trust on the certificates. One thing I think is happening is some kind of incompatibility between Google Drive File Stream and Acrobat, at least for slightly older Acrobat files. I have noticed that if I view the enclosing Google Drive folder in my web browser, right-click on the file and choose Download to replace it in the same location in my Finder, the problem goes away. I also notice that the pdfs that won't open in Acrobat open just fine in a web browser. Hopefully the fix you have provided will smooth all this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see Adobe certificates to highlight. Is it supposed to be there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I am trying the Acrocleaner, it says I should uninstall first, I don't have uninstaller just reader. Where is the uninstaller? Mojave 10 14 6

Acrobat reader dc regular, not pro

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should I just throw reader in the trash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know  that Acrobat and Reader were 2 different things.

Why is mine called Adobe Acrobar Reader? I have no paying features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The acro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines