• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create a circle around text in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions made this real easy.  But, I can't find the graphics in this version.  I have to outline numerals with circles on pdf documents for work.  Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Use the drawing tools at Tools > Comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the drawing tools at Tools > Comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this merely produces an opaque circle - the qyestion is, how to circle text- meaning not obliterate it with a circular shape, just SURROUND the text with a circle..Used to be so simple before DC! help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After drawing the oval click it and press Ctrl+E. Then make sure the Fill Color option (the first one in the floating Oval Properties window that shows up) is set to No Color. After doing that right-click the oval and select Make Current Properties Default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- took a little fiddling; on my Mac the oval properties dialog is already there, no need to do Ctrl-E, but I had to: make sure the " fill color" is set to "transparent" AND that  the line measure is large enough to show up (e.g., 2-3 or more  pts) AND that opacity percentage is reasonably high - turns out "opacity" refers to the line, not the fill.  Appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way of doing this is to click the "fill and sign" tab and a few shapes (not filled) are available to place over text and then size them so they encircle what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s interesting. Will check it out, although I’ve already solved it with the Comments route, and some adjustments under that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly! This used to be so easy! Now it seems to be hidden! Can't figure out how to do it. Can someone give step by step easy directions on how to circle text please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I literally tried everything and couldn't figure this out. THANK YOU !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added the easier way in this thread.  There is a OVAL Button you can add through Tools - Create Custom Tool - Comment -then OVAL.  Then you just click drag your OVAL over any word in the PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jonathan.  The above suggestions did not work for me, but yours worked great.  You can even specify the default color, line width, etc. by right-clicking on the new tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You rock. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But not so quick and easy it seems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHERE DO I FIND THE DRAWING TOOL - IT IS NOT COMING UP UNDER TOOLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Tools > Comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd, on my Adobe menu bar, I don't have a "Tools"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools, then Customize, Circle & Arrow, Open

Jennifer226406424r3q_0-1642092305371.png

It brings a box over to the left of the pdf 

Jennifer226406424r3q_1-1642092359692.png

Click Oval and it will allow you to put a circle that encompasses the text like the below

Jennifer226406424r3q_2-1642092421884.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now there is a "Customize" Category under the Tools Tab.  Select 'Create  Custom Tools'.  Find Comment and then OVAL and add that OVAL Tool then hit 'Save'. A New OVAL button will appear on the right side of the PDF along with all the other tool buttons.  Select it and then select the Circle icon on the top of the page.  Then click and drag your Circle or OVAL on the page below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines