• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to customize drop down date field on fillable pdf form

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create a custom form field in adobe acrobat pro dc with a drop down date that includes the day of the week? I keep getting errors when I use the format: ddd mm/dd/yy.

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to employ a custom format script to display the desired date format in the dropdown menu list.

A dropdown menu object is not the same as a date field object. As such, you may need to do a little javascripting to get the desired date format result(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact text of any error messages that you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached are 2 screen grabs. One shows the customization I'm trying to achieve (Day of week as well as the date), and the other shows the error I get when I test the field. Unfortunately, I am not very savvy when it comes to javascript or programming in general. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Default Value, in the Options tab. Be sure it not contain a white space or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try change format, these two works:

ddd dd/mm/yy
mm/dd/yy ddd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines