• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet & Acrobat – 'Draw free form' settings?

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet for writing comments and correction marks in pdf files. It's my impression that there's something not quite right with the interaction between Acrobat's 'Draw free form' tool and the Wacom pen/tablet. Is it possible to adjust the way Acrobat smoothes out what you write/draw when you use the drawing tool? I haven't been able find any such settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO RESPONSE ON THIS???  I'VE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR ABOUT 1 YEAR SO I HAVE TO PRINT OUT MY DOCS AND DO THEM IN HARDCOPY.  WHAT IS THE POINT OF ADOBE ACROBAT XI AND THE MOST POPULAR DESKTOP WRITING DEVICE (WACOM) IF IT DOESN'T WORK TOGETHER????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to include more details about the nature of the problem you're experiencing. Screen shots illustrating the problem might be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Windows, you might consider this 3rd party plug-in: AutoInk™ Plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® - annotate PDF documents using pen input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have added this issue into our internal database(#4285054). We will investigate and let you know once we plan to deliver the fix in one of our future releases.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have tablet Wacom. Adobe Acrobat DC smoothes out what i write or draw when I use the drawing tool. I also haven't been able to find any settings to change that. Please help me with that problem, it's the most important part of my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  The company I work for is (finally) going paperless.  The whole purpose of me buying the tablet was so that I can scribble notes on in various pages on pdfs before saving them.  Before going paperless we would print, write the notes, and file them.  Those notes are imperative.  Adobe allows me to "draw" my notes with the mouse (which takes forever and is sloppy), but it gives me too many problems when trying to do so with my pen tablet.  So now I have to export to Word, do my notes, and re-convert to PDF so that I can save it.  Very frustrating and just too many steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are using a windows computer:

I just wrestled with this for a while and in the Wacom Tablet Properties>>Mapping there is a little checkbox labeled "Use Windos Ink" uncheck that. Now most of my issues using my wacom intuos on a pdf are resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. And you can tell Wacom which programmes you want to check or uncheck this box for so that it is a different default for each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too. Although in the mapping it is called Windows Ink, but unchecking that fixed things in Adobe Acrobat with the pen for comments and drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! it solved my problem too.. appreciate it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good lord, thank you for this. I was ready to throw the Wacom Tablet out the window trying to annotate PDFs as it was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It worked, thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. WORKED FOR ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

That fixed my problem, but I had a hard time finding that "Use Windows Ink" checkbox in my Wacom properties program.

Click on the "Pen" tab, then the "Mapping" button, and the "Use Windows Ink" checkbox is at the bottom-left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much for this solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I LOVE YOU! I Love The Internet. Thank You So MuCh!!!11!!1! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines