Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to install the Acrobat_DC 64bit

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am using Win10 (64 bit). after got the update from creative cloud, the software windows show Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit).

I dont know there have the difference or not in 32 / 64 bit, any ideas i can change it to 64 bit? Thank you

Eddie.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

If you are currently using an English-based version of Acrobat on Windows and are willing to do a bit extra work, you can access the new 64-bit version of Acrobat at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html.

Two warnings, though!

(1) At this point, that is not an updater installer. Thus you must totally uninstall Acrobat and then install using the new installer. Note that this will not preserve many of your preferences. Be prepared for a bit of time and effort to cus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for reaching out.

There is nothing changed with Acrobat as it was always 32 bit. Only the 32 bit will now be shown with the application name. 

Acrobat 64 bit is currently not available in your region. For more details about the 64-bit application, please refer to the information provided in the drop-down for "Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit for Windows" in the following help link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html 

Let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 3/10/21 my Windows 10 version 20H2 64bit did a security update. Adobe Acrobat Pro 32 bit then attempted update and everything on my computer messed up. It reverted all my Microsoft 365 applications to Office 16. All internet browser's (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) freeze once opened and all applications when opened freeze. I can't even list all the error codes that came up over the next day or two. I was finally able to do a file fix, a C: drive fix, uninstall Adobe Acrobat Pro, get Microsoft 365 reinstalled, fix Windows security update, fix Firefox browser. Now am afraid to attempt to reinstall Adobe Acrobat Pro ( English version) because Windows 10 clearly states it no longer supports Adobe Acrobat Reader or I believe Explorer 11. When I try to download Pro, it looks like it's automatically attempting to download reader with it. Am I able to use Pro at all without creating a nightmare of a mess again or what do I do? All my other applications are also 64 bit, is this also creating issues with Adobe Pro? Help! I have spent hours upon hours trying to get this all sorted out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MewmawTiff 

There is absolutely nothing that the Acrobat update could do to yield the problems you enumerate. It certainly doesn't uninstall Microsoft Office 365 (replacing same with an earlier version) or muck with your browsers (it has no way of doing anything like what you describe). The Acrobat update on approximately the same date was fairly minor.

And exactly where did you see anything that states or even intimates that Windows 10  “no longer supports Adobe Acrobat Reader?” That is simply not true. (By the way, you should absolutely not attempt to install both Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader on the same system. Acrobat Pro is a superset of Acrobat Reader and having both installed in parallel is an invitation to problems!) Downloading Acrobat Pro does not download Acrobat Reader with it; what makes you think that is the case?

The fact that the current version of Acrobat Pro is 32-bit has nothing whatsoever to do with the issues you are experiencing. 32-bit and 64-bit applications can and do work side-by-side without any problems.

Some things to consider:

It is known that the March 2021 “Patch Tuesday” Windows 10 updates were somewhat problematic and depending upon one's system configuration, caused printing problems and BSODs (Blue Screen of Death system crashes). Microsoft apparently pulled and then re-released their updates within a week. Note that it is generally prudent to set Windows 10 Pro to delay installations of new updates such as you would receive each Patch Tuesday for a week or so. (I would also strongly recommend that you disable automatic Acrobat updates and check for them and apply them manually a week or so after they are released! And certainly don't do such updates at the same time as you are updating the operating system.)

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

I appreciate your quick response! I also apologize as I typed Adobe Reader and it is Adobe Flash Player that I meant and that is no longer supported in Windows. Until the 10th I have never had any problems with Adobe. I should also mention it downloaded the Creative Cloud app qith that update, which for some reason I have not had previously (I've been an Adobe Pro subscriber for approx. 3 years) had. Adobe Flash player had already been removed from my computer with the Windows Jan. update, it was also back on my computer after the 10th Adobe Pro update. It very well could have been something to do with both Acrobat Pro and Windows updating within a few hours of each other, I have not noticed this happen before. As I am now trying to get Acrobat Pro dowloaded again, it is saying the Creative Cloud app will download with it. I'm just extremely nervous as I am in a Master's program and have lost a week of attendance (it's an online classroom) and 3 assignments, which I have a very short time to make up. Am I ok to reinstall Acrobat Pro now?  What about the Cloud app, could that be causing any issues? This may sound stupid, but is the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Acrobat DC the same thing? I appreciate your assistance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under no circumstance should Flash be installing on your system at this time. I have no idea what you mean by the “10th Adobe Pro update” which somehow installed/reinstalled Flash on your computer. And there is no such program as “Adobe Pro” – can we assume you mean “Acrobat Pro DC?” (Likewise, there is no product called “Adobe Acrobat DC” – you either have “Acrobat Standard DC” or “Acrobat Pro DC.”

The “Adobe Creative Cloud” application is a vehicle for downloading Creative Cloud applications including Acrobat. You should also be able to install the software directly from Adobe's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MewmawTiff_0-1616299213355.pngMewmawTiff_1-1616299336837.png

What is making me nervous about reinstalling: When I choose access to my apps in my Adobe Acrobat account, I get what you see as the 1st picture. Circled in red, at the right top says "Acrobat DC desktop" and circled on the left is "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC", when I click either of these areas to download I get the second picture you see with the arrows. Is that what I am suppsed to be download for the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC that is compatible with Windows 10 version 20H2? I apologize for not wording things correctly, but I am tired and have been overwhelmed with getting this all fixed for over a week now, which has confused me, so your help is and has been greatly appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct, but to be clear, that won't install the 64-bit version (assuming that is what you want – that is the subject of this thread). For the 64-bit version, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new download/attempt at using software, download at your own risk if you use Windows 10, 64-bit machines. It locked up multiple times each download/install attempt on large pdf files. Small files did okay, so not perfect for 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are currently using an English-based version of Acrobat on Windows and are willing to do a bit extra work, you can access the new 64-bit version of Acrobat at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html.

Two warnings, though!

(1) At this point, that is not an updater installer. Thus you must totally uninstall Acrobat and then install using the new installer. Note that this will not preserve many of your preferences. Be prepared for a bit of time and effort to customize back to the way you prefer Acrobat to operate. Eventually we will have an installer that is also an updater (that works).

(2) More important, if you are currently using any third party plug-ins to Acrobat on Windows, until those plug-in developers provide 64-bit versions of their plug-ins, don't migrate to 64-bit Acrobat.

Good luck!

PS:    I am successfully using the 64-bit version on all my Windows 10 systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is absurd. How do you not have 64-bit architecture for your software. No wonder my adobe acrobat software which I pay for crashes all of the time on my super powerful machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>How do you not have 64-bit architecture for your software.

Where did you get that idea? Adobe DOES have a 64-bit version of Acrobat. It's the plugin developers that are 32 bit. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I googled it and apparently you only have 64 bit for UK, Canada, and
Australia and just since late last year. It even says 32-Bit version at the
top of my Adobe software.

This is a well known topic on many blogs online so no need to play it down.

Respectfully,

Philip Thompson
[Personal Info Edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to nitpick, but not having a 64-bit version is not the same as not having a localized version. 

Another Dov Isaacs' answer on this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-pro-64-bit/m-p/11831560

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do it, it doesn't work, locks up regularly after 2 attempts, DOES NOT WORK ON 64-Bit Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The millions of people for whom it does work are imagining it, then?

(I don't deny you have a problem, and if you describe it in detail, we may be able to help. But you don't need to make wild claims either).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It consistently locks up for 30 seconds to a minute on large files; most recently a 296 mb file every time I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Nate. What exact Acrobat version (not "latest") and what exact system version? If the file isn't on your local hard disk, where is it kept?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upgrade to 64 bit and it is not compatible can you change the version back to 32bit for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I've done it a few times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I located a 64-bit version of DC Reader but the switches previously used do not seem to work.
I want to deploy this via Intune but am trying to locate the appropriate silent install switches. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the previous post I forgot to mention, there seems to be msi file extracted during the install it just goes online, downloads and installs the software. Not great for deployment from Intune or using the Adobe Customisation Wizard I have used previously on the 32-bit version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr Dov Isaacs, with this thread, "Want to install the Acrobat_DC 64bit" and concerning your latest direct reply here, below, to this question about on the 64bit Acrobat DC pro installer, dated, March 9, 2021; Can you please update your answer to this for 2022? There is a new Sept 15, 2022 version of the Acrobat DC pro installer. Will it upgrade my installed 32 bit version? Can it be updated to 64bit by the Creative Cloud App? I have an Adobe everything subscription.... Also, If I have to manually uninstall the 32 bit version and install the 64 bit version, will the Creative cloud app, that auto-updates all my other adobe software, will it keep the 64bit version updated in the loop?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a note that Dov Isaacs has retired from Adobe and has not been seen in these forums for many months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines