• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the update files for Acrobat 9 Pro?

New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my compute and need the updates for Acrobat 9 Pro. All the "answers" point to ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/9.x/. But when I download the very first update, it tells me I don't have it installed or the version is wrong. It looks like all these updates are for standard not pro.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Rayruppert, Why dont you try this and let me know how get along / i did mine yesterday and it worked on a machine windows 10 /64 bit with the Acrobat 9 pro. Whilst doing the fix, you might encounter issues with firewall / but otherwise, it should go through easily. - I have 5 desktops with acrobat 9 pro and 1x acrobat 9 pro extended. Can you imagine how frustrated i have been over the last 3 years - googled everyone and no simple solution.

I know this has been a serious issue for many frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates start here and select product, read to see if you need to install updates in number order, or if the updates are cumulative for the individual product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the location. I did find the Acrobat pro updates, however they don't work. I get the same message, The product is not installed or is the wrong version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version do you have now? Which specific update are you trying to install (full URL)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rayruppert, Why dont you try this and let me know how get along / i did mine yesterday and it worked on a machine windows 10 /64 bit with the Acrobat 9 pro. Whilst doing the fix, you might encounter issues with firewall / but otherwise, it should go through easily. - I have 5 desktops with acrobat 9 pro and 1x acrobat 9 pro extended. Can you imagine how frustrated i have been over the last 3 years - googled everyone and no simple solution.

I know this has been a serious issue for many frustrated users.

Try this which i have posted in another thread. #9533085

I reinstalled my acrobat 9.0 today on Windows 10/64bit and by changing the date - it went through with no issue.

I cannot understand within this Adobe Forum, Adobe is not willing to help or to give some proper answers. It is an easy fix enough but Adobe is not interested at all because the new model is so sell you the subscription services.

One of the easy fix, if you want to try (at least for those who have to reinstall acrobat 9 pro -

If you try to run the update, (before the date change in the next step),  adobe will tell you that there are no updates.

Try this - change the system date to May 31 2013. (just 1 step and it gets fixed)

Run the update. Acrobat will now find updates and it will get you to 9.2.0.

AFter the 9.2 update, upon reboot, it will download all updates to 9.5.5 and upon the next reboot, you will be at 9.5.5.

I am sure Adobe knows this easy fix for could easily twig their update program so users can update easily.

Shame on Adobe for such shameless and underhanded practices to encourage new sales.

Regards,

Michael

Unquote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Adobe, i have bought 5 Acrobat 9 pro and 1 Acrobat 9 pro extended . I have spent in terms of man hours over the last few years trying to find a solution to the updates and to no avail. The issues have been highlighted in so many forums / blogs and it is countless if you care to look. I am sure that many Acrobat 9 users like me, have wasted so many man hours trying to find a fix to what is and should be a simple fix that can be facilitated by Adobe. I am writing this because we as customers of Adobe have paid and bought licences and supported Adobe by doing that. The least that Adobe can do, is to show some support for your clients, but instead is more bottom line driven than customer service and support. Shame on Adobe.

(I must caution that trying the date change may cause issue with the internet, so it is important that you change back the date to the current day and time). If the change of date does not help, it could be down to your firewall issues internally. I hope that Adobe, will perhaps read this and take some action - to be more civic minded and not allow their customers to waste man hours over their zeal to add money to the bottom line for their investors. Shame on Adobe, and shame, shame, shame is all i can say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know if any of the updates from 9.00 to 9.5.5 were done to address any security flaws or issues? Part of the reason as why i wanted to update to the last available version 9.5.5 was just to fix some of the known bugs and issues and most of all - in case if they were any security flaws that might open my machines to exploits by hackers. Today with cyber crime/hacking  so rampant - it would be so morally irresponsible of ADOBE to assist or fix the update flaws. Truely yours, Michael with 6 licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally an answer.  Thanks Michael!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes certainly there were many important security fixes. But these are almost irrelevant. If you are concerned about security threats you won't run end-of-life vulnerable software that has had no security fixes in 4 years.  Fixes to Acrobat 9 ended long before, say, fixes to Windows XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

, you are a genius! After changing the date I tried the update file that I downloaded and got the same error.

However, I opened acrobat, went to the help menu and clicked "check for updates" and it started getting updates automatically!!

A note of caution, don't use your editor to change files that are synced with onedrive, google drive, dropbox or other systems. The file dates will be wrong. Who knows what will happen. I'm even accessing email from another computer while it updates.

So far I'm only up to 9.2.0 and it says the next is a security update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michael, i think the errors come from choosing the wrong update files.

In the download section, under 9.1 - you need to pick the right file for your version of Acrobat - you either have the acrobat pro 9 extended or the Acrobat 9 pro - there may be a third which is just the acrobat 9 standard.

Under 9.1 - it is very important you pick the right verrsion as otherwise, you will get that stupid error that says you have the wrong version or so /

Miraculously - after 9.1 - Adobe switch the names to a more generic name which is okay but users should be made aware.

I think from 9.2 onwards, the silent upgrade will take over and you will be at 9.5.5 if all goes well.

Quite simple if one gets the wrong sequence but you can tear your hair out if you dont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaely30218356​

I have been goofing around with trying to update my Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro for many years now.  For the most part, I am happy with the program and have no desire to upgrade to one of the newer subscription services.  I am so excited to see your answer to this updating issue here; but I have no idea how to change the system date.  I REALLY hope that you still are able to get this thread and replies, because I would be so happy to learn how I do this so that I can get the updates which are available! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've changed my PC and I have installed Adobe 9 pro. I have update packages but cannot install because I don't remember the date I have to change in my PC to install updates. Could you help me, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did what you say, change date and I got update 6.2. After rebooting I tried to get the remaining updates but I receive the message "Cannot establish connection, Try later. Error 173000". Any suggestion? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got remaining uotades at ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/9.x/.

Thanks everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, I' hope i don't have to reload again, but in case I will try your method to get to 2.0 and let it do it automatically. However, I have a question about the FTP site, as I want to keep copies on hand in case they decide to remove access to really old version's information. I see under some update folders there are more than one file (e.g. AcrobatUpd920_all_incr [dated 10/3/09, 161mb] and AcrobatUpd920_all_me_incr [dated 11/3/09, 89.9mb]). I am using 9 Pro extended. How do I know which file I should download and use, or just download all and add them in order by date?

I also saw a program elevator.exe; any idea what this is?

PDFiFilter64installer; any idea what this is?

Thanks

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just wanted to add my two-bobs worth to this thread. Like 'all those before me' I too was about to neck myself over the fact that my Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro decided to freeze after 3 seconds everytime I opened rendering it useless. However as the thing cost me around $595.00 (AUD) the thought of binning it and going on to some pay-by-the-month subscription bugged me even more. Adobe's 1800 number (Sydney Australia) no longer offers support for this product which only added insult to injury. Anyway it seems that persistance does sometimes pay off. Although I followed the date trick offered by 'Rayruppert' (see his posts above), it didn't work for me, as each time I hit the update button it would run through the 9.2 update then just as the progress bar was about to finish it would crash...Aaggrrhhh!

The error message (pop-up box) I would receive would say;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common

Files\Adobe\Updater6\AdobeUpdaterInstallMgr.exe failed to install

No matter how many times I 'clicked' on Retry the result would be the same...

So how did I resolve it you ask?

TBH...I think it was more of a fluke than anything but anyway this is what I did and so far it seem to have worked - I'm no longer experiencing a freezing program that was driving me nuts.

1. I unistalled all adobe products on my PC, (with exception of Photoshop CS6 not for any particular reason I just missed it and it obviously didn't prevent the fix).

2. Before doing a fresh 'restart' (having deleted all but the CS6 Adobe program) I changed the calendar date as recommended by Rayruppert - but I went back a couple more years to 31/05/2010 - not for any particular reason it's just the 2012 date he suggested didn't work for me.

3. After boot-up I did a fresh install (I still have a CD rom) inserting product code as usual and following all other prompts. NB: The date was still 31/05/2010.

4. Next, I just 'clicked' on the Adobe 9 Pro desktop icon and crossed my fingers - and to my amazement it didn't freeze and still hasn't... The only thing I thought might throw it back into freezing mode would be when I adjusted the date back to 'realtime', which in my case was the 18/05/2020 - but fortunately...so far so good!

I've rebooted my computer several times now, along with opening and closing the program and all seems to be well...

I'd like to shout out to Rayruppert for the 'date change' trick - not being a tech guy I would have never considered doing something like that, (seriously, who would) so thanks buddy, much appreciated.

I hope this 'Ben Hur' post helps others as I was that close to throwing in the towel, especially after 4 hours...

All the best, and thanks for reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you.

However, I still cannot preview thumbnails of Adobe in windows file explorer, I don't understand why, I naively thought perhaps an update would help and following other google answers suggesting to update the software is what led me to this page. So now at least I have managed that, but as usual a simple 5 minute task means you end up down a rabbit hole faffing for hours to go full circle chasing your tail to end up not much further along than when you started.

I have checked through all the Adobe preferences, but there does not appear to be a box to tick to view a thumbnail preview when looking through file explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

metgirl1,

If you are using Acrobat 9 Pro on a 64 bit system, this is the only way I've found to preview thumbnails reliably, it's an old fix, but it still works with my Windows 11: https://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jimsinoregon that worked! Simple when you know how eh! haha this has been driving me bonkers for years! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

metgirl1,

It drove me nuts too!  I have so many pdf's per file that I have to see thumbnails or I'm constantly opening and closing pdf's looking for the right one.  Glad it worked.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I had massive issues with Adobe which caused me to uninstall it BUT now when I try to reinstall my genuine DVD straight from the box with legal/official serial number it says the number is invalid. I think it is something to do with a mix up of versions and the serial number but now I am completely stumped. My proper copy of 9 pro will not install!! Any help much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below someone said they used 31 May 2013. If that doesn't work look at the date of the original install file and try using that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines