Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White bar / box covering options and toolbar

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A user is currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Below screenshot is Adobe Reader but used for showing where the issue appears).

When opening PDF's intermittently they will appear with a white box covering the section marked in red in the image below. The area becomes unclickable. Nothing happens when you click in any area

I noticed that if this were the only window open and the white box was ontop of some other desktop items eg. Recycle bin, word, googlechrome. Clicking on the whitebox where the icons are located actually opens / highlights the shortcuts. It should be just interpretting clicks in the Adobe application itself, not behind the Adobe window.

Re-installed adobe, repaired adobe, updated graphics drivers.

Please note: Image 1 is where the problem occurs and what actually disappears (Home, tools, file edit view , window, help). Image 2 is what it looks like.

Image 1.

adobe.png

Image 2.

adobe.png

I've never seen this issue anywhere else.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jason

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

I'm having the same issue.  Just a white box over the top of my tools in Adobe Acrobat DC ( ).  I can't even use the X in the top right corner to close - nothing works in about the top fifth of the Acrobat window.  I've done all kinds of shenanigans with turning on and off the security, etc.  I've deinstalled/reinstalled/repair a number of times and nothing is working.  I have to shut down the app prematurely just to get out of the window.  Help!

geronimocrkranch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Replying to myself with a solution - it does seem to be a Windows thing, not Adobe.  All I had to do was toggle my monitor's screen resolution to a lower level and then back to where it was, the problem has disappeared even after restarting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and went to the display, and set the screen to a different aspect, all came back, they redid the aspect to the recommended, and it has been fine since seems to be a glitch that's still happening from time to time windows 10 in 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, for a quick fix on Windows 10 devices: one can sinply press Win+Ctrl+Shift+B and it will restart the grapic driver in an instance.
Please do let me know if that works for you ðŸ™‚ Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue for a while now and haven't been able to resolve it until I saw your post.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks of the Adobe realm,

I have found one solution, it is not a GREAT fix but a fix none the less.  I you can not get to the title bar, use ALT+F and hit the back arrow once to get to the "Restore, Move, Size, Minimize, Maximize, Close" menu.  Usually, the 2" of white bar space will not allow you to access this, but using the ALT+F option and hit the back arrow once will get you there.  Once there navigate down to restore, and hopefully it will give you a Reader in a window.  At this point you can resize it accordingly and not maximize it and have your Tool bar back...

No fuss, no muss, and Adobe Reader is (semi) back to normal use.

Glad to be of service.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gabriel. Your solution worked for me as well. I had the exact problem and reinstalling Adobe reader did nothing to fix it. I right clicked on the desktop and changed my display resolution to a random setting. The when prompted, I had it revert back to the original resolution and all problems were gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines