• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I get rid of background color in list box when creating pdf forms?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using my older home version of Adobe Acrobat (9.0 for Mac) to create a form for work. Most of the form boxes are simple text boxes but two are list boxes. A background color keeps showing up in the list boxes. I've tried setting "no color" in form box properties. Also went to preferences and de-selected "highlight" and "preview" options and re-saved. No go. I need to print the final on a clear label so the only color I want is the text color. Even deleted and re-created both list boxes from scratch after saving these preferences changes, but nothing works. What am I overlooking? Please help--I've spent most of a day off trying to fix this!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Hi W.daviis,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

By default, there is no option to change the selection background color when creating PDF form in Acrobat DC.

You may try once to check using the javascript. For javascript, please post your queries here JavaScript on the forum.

You may also share your feedback on this here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any further help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file in question with us (using something like Dropbox or Google Drive)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, here's a link:

8up Labels-FormBoxes-GDriveTestfile01.pdf - Google Drive

To explain: this form would be used to create clear labels, 8 per sheet as shown, that could be attached to previously existing ID tags worn by employees. There's already graphics and text on the existing plastic tags--the clear labels coule be filled out by each employee and then affixed to the plastic ID tag to 'tailor' the ID tag with personal/local info. Since the label stock we'll be printing on is clear, the text is all that should show when printed. The large box at the bottom and the small box sitting on each one's upper right margin are both list boxes with drop-down choices to be accessed by the employee when completing the label form. Hope that's enough info--let me know if I've forgotten anything in my description. Thanks for taking a look--I'm stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah OK, now I get what's going on. What you're seeing is the selected item color of the list box. There's no way to cancel or change that.

Just change your fields to text fields or drop-downs, to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the assist! -JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, followup Question to be sure I understand...

I'll be sending employees the pdf form, asking them to use it to generate and print their clear labels. One thing they will need to do to prepare their label--to have it show their personal 'slogan' and then print it onto the label--is to choose that slogan from among several other slogans in the list box. We don't want them to type in this info themselves--we want them to select one choice from those listed.

Can they do that, and still have the text appear without the background color? Or can I NOT use a pdf form creator to accomplish this?

Sorry to pick nits here, but it means going a whole 'nother route if I can't fix this (and with a tight deadline), so I'm making doubly sure.

Thanks again--JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a drop-down field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there literally no possible way to remove the selection background color? That seems strange to have every other component be able to have the background, font, and outline color changed, yet with this, it is impossible to remove this? Not even assigning some kind of java script for the select action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi W.daviis,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

By default, there is no option to change the selection background color when creating PDF form in Acrobat DC.

You may try once to check using the javascript. For javascript, please post your queries here JavaScript on the forum.

You may also share your feedback on this here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any further help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my older home version of Adobe Acrobat (9.0 for Mac)

You should update to 9.5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines