Why Is My Document Secured?

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form using the Create Form function in Acrobat Pro. There is a section to which I need to add information but when I click on the Edit button I receive an error that tells me, "This is a secured document. Editing is not permitted." I did not place any security on this document when I created it.

Can someone please help me figure out how to edit this form, and others I have created for which I am receiving the same error?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018
That's what I suspected, but I wanted to be sure - and that gave you a chance to discover it yourself. When you use a "distribute" forms workflow, or use a shared review process, or add extended Reader rights (which is actually what the first two tasks to as well), Acrobat prevents you from editing the document. You can however create a copy that no longer has these rights, using the "Save a copy" command.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat Pro are you using? Did you add any extended Reader rights to the document? Did you use the document in an automated forms workflow ("Distribute")? What exactly do you see on the "Security" tab on the document properties dialog (Ctrl-D or Cmd-D)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 1.7 (Acrobat 8.x)

I actually answered my own question! The security tab in the document properties told me to "save a copy" and I can edit that copy!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I suspected, but I wanted to be sure - and that gave you a chance to discover it yourself. When you use a "distribute" forms workflow, or use a shared review process, or add extended Reader rights (which is actually what the first two tasks to as well), Acrobat prevents you from editing the document. You can however create a copy that no longer has these rights, using the "Save a copy" command.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines