• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC Error when Opening

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find any relevant serarches on internet or forums for this error.
When opening Reader DC (latest version) or a .pdf file, I get an error as below:

error title: siappdll

error content: LogError.cpp: Error opening log file for msg:siappdll: __FILE__:src\appmmap.cpp, __LINE__:271,ErrorVal: -3

I have tried reboots before and after all of the following: a repair of Reader DC, I have tried an uninstall/reinstall of Reader DC...nothing seems to work. I have also repaired ever Visual C++ runtime on the computer. I have tried different user profiles (all local admins). Nothing works.

I can downgrade to Reader XI and this version (including the update that Reader XI found) does open the app or a .pdf file. However Reader DC doesn't.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

robisoft those of us who use the 3D mouse to navigate were having errors when trying to zoom or scroll in a PDF using the 3D mouse.  This was a 3DConnexion driver software issue, not so much Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Tmack,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader DC, please reboot the machine once and use Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove any corrupt or damaged installation files of Adobe Reader https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Check for any pending mandate or optional updates of the Operating system and install it.

Reboot the machine again. Download the setup of Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Disable any antivirus software or antispyware on your computer and then start the installation process of Adobe Reader.

What is the verison of the Operating system installed?

let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this fixed the problem. I appreciate the prompt suggestion.

BTW, the PC is Windows 10-1803 (x64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

Same problem here with an update for the 3Dconnexion mouse driver. Uninstalling the new driver made the job

[Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number, email id, address]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a 3D mouse, you are not alone: Re: Latest version of reader DC very slow

I've had a similar problem with scrolling using the 3D mouse while using a tool (e.g. measure, comment).

Try disabling "Protected mode at startup" in in Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced).  Restart DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this information. The cleaner app referenced by Adobe staff (see previous comment by Staff) was able to resolve the issue. We do use 3D Mouse in our environment and I've made note of your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that the issue got fixed. Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was in Gottes Namen hat Adobe Reader mit der 3D Connectio Maus zu tun???

Das verstehe ich nicht. Hatte das gleiche Problem. Habe 3D Connection entfernt, jetzt läuft Adobe Reader wieder normal.

KAnn mir jeman erklären, was Adobe Reader mit der 3D Connection tu tun hat??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robisoft those of us who use the 3D mouse to navigate were having errors when trying to zoom or scroll in a PDF using the 3D mouse.  This was a 3DConnexion driver software issue, not so much Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do agree with this. I'll have to amend my 'correct answer' as the Adobe cleanup tool was simply a workaround. My problem did return.

Once we removed the 3D Connexion driver from the system the problem did go away. I'm going to guess that the many configurations of the mouse does in fact imbed itself into the functionality of Adobe Reader.

Strange...but true, it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I did change the 'protected mode' at startup as well and that seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated the 3D Connection software to version 10.5.15 and it seems to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines