I had this error with a user yesterday inside her Microsoft Word 2010 x64: "The program used to create this object is AcroExch. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open the object". She basically was trying to insert a PDF document inside word and show the file has an icon.
I tried a bunch of things to try and fix this problem, upgraded Adobe Reader X to the latest version (10.1.1), downgraded it to version 9, repaired the office installation, disabled the Adobe Acrobat protected mode, logged on my own profile on her computer, nothing would work.
I finally was able to find her a workaround which was basically to create an empty adobe PDF document/icon inside her word and then import the document from there, that worked but it shouldn't be the way to do this. Anybody got any idea of what the next step would or what I should try?
Any ideas anyone?
I am having this same issue.
Hi, I think it's the protected mode.
i have the same problem (also in Word 2003) and i read that you have to disable the protected mode
Hope this helps
As I mentionned in my original thread, I've already tried to remove the protected mode from Adobe Reader but that didn't changed anything.
I have the same Problem but with Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.5. I don't have the Option Protect Mode... Is there a Update/Fix or something else?
i found this happened too on my user.
i'm using :
1. Microsoft Office 2010 x64
2. Adobe Acrobat 10 Standard
I read some articles said that you need to disable the "Enable protection bla bla bla" which is disabled on AA 10 Standard by default.
At last it's solved after i uninstall the x64 Office 2010 and install the x86 Office 2010.
I don't know why but its works.
Hope its works to you too.
There is another thread on this and seems to be an ongoing issue with neither Microsoft nor Adobe owning up to it. What I did to work-around the issue is create a .zip file of the .pdf file which can then be put into the workd doc as an object file icon. Worked for me. Not the best solution but this has been ongoing since 2011, and this worked.