Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acromissingcompwclass: AcroRD32.exe Application error

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I have all of a sudden been receiving the following error. When I click ok I am kicked out of the program.  I cannot access pdfs to print them as a result.  Help?

error2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Not sure why it's happening.  I'm sure there's an error with DC. Here's the link for the reinstallation of Reader.  In Step 3, select Reader 11 and not DC.  Hope this helps.  Let me know. Thanks!

Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem.  You can't do anything, can't read if more than a page long. You just get kicked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem since Friday morning 13 January with Mozilla FireFox but not with Explorer.

- Suppressed FireFox and re-installed

- Suppressed Acrobat Reader DC and re-installed

Still been kicked-off

I'm suspecting an update been done between Thursday and Friday (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicolef17116956, marcyd72530009

Try to follow the steps given in the following link:

Re: APPLICATION ERROR 

Also, confirm the version of Reader installed on the machine.

To check the version, launch Reader>click Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the some error, have used the clean up tool, uninstalled and reinstalled and still not resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that the problem does not resolve if you reinstall DC after using the cleaning tool.  I reinstalled XI instead and the problem seems resolved.  But yes, it's still an issue if you want to use DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pinoy831boy:

I went through the cleaning tool and reinstall DC and it did not resolve.  How did you find XI to install?  I think I only saw Reader ii or something like that.  Why is this happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks pinoy831boy:

Installing Reader 11 instead of DC works.  Don't know what I'll be missing with 11 vs. DC, but at least it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem all morning!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why it's happening.  I'm sure there's an error with DC. Here's the link for the reinstallation of Reader.  In Step 3, select Reader 11 and not DC.  Hope this helps.  Let me know. Thanks!

Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also having the same problem....worked fine yesterday....i have now spent an entire day trying all the suggestions on the web to no avail.   i use pdf files alot in business....don't know what to do!!!  Help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem there seems to be a major problem with Adobe reader I have uninstalled ,cleaned ,reinstalled and tried all the steps suggested .I have given up and requested a hard copy of the document I wanted to print .Very frustrating .Is there an alternative to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got rid of Adobe DC and reinstalled Windows 7 Reader 11 and now it's crashing again.  Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Try to follow the steps given below and see if that resolves the issue:

1- Locate Reader's shortcut on desktop>right click select Properties

2- Under Compatibility tab>uncheck the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for>then click Apply>OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I went under the Compatibility tab, the box to Run this program in compatibility mode was not checked.  I checked the box for my operating System...Windows 7...and for now it's working.  Did an update remove the check in the box?  I'm getting frustrated with Adobe working for a day or two and then crashing again, leaving me without a reader and desperate to find a way to get it to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi marcyd72530009,

Looking at your problem, there seems to be some change, currently i am not aware what actually changed, and it seems checking the compatibility option is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines