• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after I launch acrobat reader dc or open a pdf file with acrobat reader dc the program halts and I get a message saying:

"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The program never closes and I have to hit close program to exit.

I am running Windows 10 and until recently did not have this problem. I ran troubleshooting program compatibility, but that did not resolve issue.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling - did nothing - same problem.

I downloaded adobe acrobat reader dc cleaner tool and used it to clean both acrobat and reader.

Rebooted and downloaded program from adobe.

Same problem once installed.

I have also associated all pdf files with adobe acrobat reader dc for opening, etc.

Any suggestions or solutions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Hi philiphas​,

We released an update today that fixes a similar issue. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Could you please try it out and let us know if it addresses the above mentioned issue?

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 238 Replies 238
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having that issue.  Just occurred with update yesterday.  Can't get to support - Any answers out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue too after an update and I also haven't found a solution yet..... this so frustrating! Anyone know how to fix this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hiya, i've had this problem with Windows 7, Just uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC Reader, then Install SODA PDF, up until now works fine....hope it works for all of you.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Also running on Windows 10.  Everything worked fine yesterday.  I've made no changes so cannot think of a possible reason why it is suddenly crashing.  I've uninstalled, ran a diagnostic, cleaned out everything, ran a malware and spyware scan and re-installed and still the same error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues here. I've tried everything to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

in the preferences disable the protection mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not worked for me, any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add one more to the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add one more, I have the same problem since the update 2 days ago. Problem must have beeb caused by adobe and so I am very disappointed to get no support from adobe because it is a free program:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

Protected mode is to provide an added layer of security. In protected mode, malicious PDF documents can’t launch arbitrary executable files or write to system directories or the Windows Registry. So, it is advisable to keep protected mode enabled always.

Please let us know the following details to debug the issue:

1) Adobe Acrobat Reader version.

Help Menu -> About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

2) Crash Dump:

Steps for getting Crash Dump:

Open Task Manager > Processes > You will see two "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.." processes.

Right click 'Adobe Acrobat Reader DC..' process and click 'Create Dump File' from context menu. Dump file will be created.

You can share these file for both Adobe Acrobat Reader processes.

3) OS and version details .

4) Does the issue appear for certain set of PDFs or for all the PDFs which you open ?

Thanks,

Paramjeet Yadav

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem appears for all PDFs.  In fact I cannot even open the app.  I created the dump file but not sure what you wanted us to do with that specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the dump files that you generated for application with me at apangasa@adobe.com?

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on all PDF's since this morning!  I do know that my window's 10 pc did an update last night.  No problems before today!  What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is 2015.023.20053.  What do you mean by sharing the dump files we created.  What is it exactly that we have to e-mail to you to get this issue resolved?

PDF documents e-mailed to me by a third party: I cannot open them so I have been saving them in another folder.  A co-worker tried to open the documents after I saved them but she gets a message that the file is damaged.  This only happens to the documents I have saved.

Also note, the user "Paramjeet" is not noted as a Adobe Team member and he is requesting a lot of information on files and OS systems in his previous post on her.  He is a 0 user.  Is he an Acrobat staff member?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for the dump of an application when it reaches an unfortunate (crash) state. To obtain the crash dump of application, please follow the steps given below:

1. Open the “Windows Task Manager”
  2. Select the “Processes” tab.
  3. Right click on "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC"
  4. Select “Create Dump File”

Once the dump is generated, you will see the location of the file. Please share that file with me at apangasa@adobe.com

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the dump files but can't them.  Where should I look?  I have W10.  I can open the files with Microsoft Edge but not Adobe.  Get the same message as PeterC.  How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have version 2015.023.20053

2. Happens for all PDFs that I open. Opens for a couple of seconds and

then the messge Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped Working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows

will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Close

Program

Thanks,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Paramjeet <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 2015.023.20053 version
  2. crash dump: could not find the files as described
  3. Windows 10
  4. It appears for all pdf. recently send to me by mail. older pdf-files from my laptop folders can be opened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ever was done over the last day or two put all of us in the same situation......Acrobat Reader Dc is currently NOT WORKING. What is being done to fix it?  It was working fine a day or two ago and has been since I installed it almost a year ago and it just quit. Now all the suggestions to fix it are not working......reinstall. unchecking Window 7 - 8, etc etc. So who is the culprit?? And more importantly when do u expect to get it back up.......a little frustration here(and I suspect with others)spending hours and hours with a broken program. I agree a switch to something else that works is more appropriate. This has gone on far tooo long!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricjames...

Very frustrating, but I did find a work around.

Right click the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC icon on your desktop.  Open properties.  Open folder compatibility.  Uncheck windows 7.  Close out everything.

Hopefully, this will work for you.  It did for me.

Good luck.

Robert 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Pramjeet,

our application written in JAVA opens a windows with an embedded Browser (Eclipse SWT-Browser).

If i open a pdf it is displayed correctly (by Acrobat Reader!) but if i try to Print/Save it Acrobat DC crashes.

This happens since the last update of Acrobat Reader DC 2015.023.20053.

I am working unter Windows 10, Version 1607 build 14393.693 German Version.Our customers mainly working with Windows7 have the same problem.

I aready tried all the workarounds listed in the forum threads but nothing worked.

Here are some screenshots and the dumpfiles from the crashed Reader processes.

I even tried to start the Visual Studio Debugger which reported an unhandled exception.

crash.png - Google Drive

Debug1.png - Google Drive

Debug2.png - Google Drive

AcroRd32_20170119a.DMP - Google Drive

AcroRd32_20170119b.DMP - Google Drive

This is a severe problem now because we heavily rely on pdf-files.

Where possible we switched back to Reader XI for the moment wating for a final solution.

I hope you can help

Best regards

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue creating Customized Stamps.  How do I fix this issue?  I cannot find anything to help me.  I originally had just the basic Adobe and I started having issues saving, etc. so I changed to Adobe Reader DC and now I cannot create Customized stamps.  This is something I use on a daily basis and need to get working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Paramjeet Yadav

Acrobat Team

I am running Windows 10 Lenovo G400s Laptop 64 Bit

I am getting the same box opening and Adobe closes when I use it.  This has been happening now for about a month or so, don;t take this as accurate - but it has been a while.

Have have made a crash dump file for you but I do not see how I can attach it here, please email me and I will return it to you by email. 

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Balisteve_802

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.  However, in my case with Windows 10 the reader stops working whenever I press printer, preference or security buttons.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times.  I was going to upgrade to the full version, but with these problems, I no longer think so.  My previous (Acrobat 10) worked OK but now I am having the same issue with that program.  Any fixes available yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines