• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - I use Windows 10. I tried all the recommended fixes, both here and on YouTube, but none worked. This includes uninstalling and reinstalling, security options, the repair feature, updates, rebooting the PC (many times). No matter what I do, I still have the same issue. When I open a PDF file, I can view it for about 5 seconds, then the error message (title of this discussion), comes up and that only option I have is to close the Reader. 80% of all I do is with PDF files. I need help quickly!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coy4one,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

As you have mentioned, it happens when you open a pdf document.

Then you may please try resetting the preferences of Acrobat Reader DC and see if that helps.

• Quit Acrobat Reader.
  • (Windows 7 or higher) C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\[version]

(XP) C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\[version]

• Move the Preferences folder to another location (for example, C:\Temp).
  • Restart Acrobat Reader.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unforunately, I was instructed by my management to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from my computer and use Microsoft Edge. We are three days behind in our work because we could not find a resolve to this issue, so until we get caught up, we won't be using Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the update.

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused to you.

Whenever you get time, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and do let us know if that doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, although for me Reader quits spontaneously. There is no pattern. Sometimes I can use the program for days without issue. Other days it quits unexpectedly multiple times. This happens with different documents. And every time I restart Reader it asks if I want to recover the files that were open, and I always say yes, and it always gives me an error saying that the documents cannot be recovered. Every time, without fail (irony/pun intended).

This is extremely frustrating. A program from Adobe shouldn't just quit randomly for no good reason. I'm running Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Core i5 (5th generation), 12GB RAM, ThinkPad T450s. Everything is updated. Have restarted, re-installed, reset preferences, etc. The documents work fine (actually much smoother) on other PDF readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes this issue. This update will be automatically applied to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader DC. You can also open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update 

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

PS: Please mark the post as answered if this resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu:

Problem still exists even after installing fix.

Vee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vw537​

Can you share what exactly is the issue that you are seeing, is it the same as original post in this thread? Please provide steps to reproduce the issue and the version info (from Help > About Acrobat Reader DC).

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu:

Opening a file from my documents list, which I usually have to edit and fill. The document opens and when I proceed to the "edit and fill" the document will not let me insert information. This is when the "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is not responding".

That is one issue that comes to mind.

Hope this gives you some insight on this frustrating situation.

Thanks.

Vee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vw537,

It would be great if you could let us know a few things that might help us in resolving the issue:

1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC does not have edit functionality. What app/tool are you using that is causing the issue?

2. Any specific steps that you are following apart from the above?

3. Which OS are you using?

Also, it would be helpful if you could send a sample file on which the issue is reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bilal:

I have documents set up in my folder which are master copies. In the past I have been able to fill in date, addresses, and other information to complete these forms. Now when I open these forms to fill in necessary information I get error message, "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is not responding". Computer locks up or freezes, whichever you prefer, and I have to wait to exit the program. I am using Windows 7 and just recently installed Google Chrome, which I feel is the main issue with my problem. When I used Internet Explorer I did not have this issue.

Hope this helps.

Vee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vw537,

In the past I have been able to fill in date, addresses, and other information to complete these forms.

Are you using 'Fill & Sign' to enter information, or do they have blank form fields that you fill in?

Now when I open these forms to fill in necessary information I get error message, "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is not responding".

Do you get this error message when you launch Reader or PDF, or after you perform some steps like typing or clicking? What happens when you launch the file and leave it for some time, like say 30 seconds?

What version of Reader are you using? You can get the version number from the Help Menu -> About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

What are the exact steps that you followed when you got the error message?

Does the issue appear for certain set of PDFs or for all the PDFs which you open?

Could you attach a snapshot of Reader when you get the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try running AcroRd32.exe as administrator and see if it works.

Edit - Also try using compatibility mode. Check if you have the correct version of Adobe Reader and if you downloaded it from the original website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines