• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC crashing IE11 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When previewing a PDF using IE11 on the latest version of windows 10, IE crashes. This is happening on a huge number of our machines. The event log is as follows:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x6639744d

Faulting module name: AcroRd32.dll, version: 19.8.20081.46137, time stamp: 0x5be1da0b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00c05432

Faulting process id: 0x26d0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d47faec3a7bec7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.dll

Report Id: d5c9994a-5c36-47d5-80ea-22a360812e47

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If I get that correctly, you are saying your web application is conflicting with our Plugin and we should look into it? Is that correct?

If that is the case, your developer team of the web app may contact our Dev support team and they will look into it. Adobe support for developers

Just for troubleshooting purposes, you may try disabling IE enhanced security mode and check if that helps. Also, try to whitelist the web-app URL from Reader preferences. To do that,

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you found a fix for this issue? I have been trying a lot of different solutions but no result...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. The problem for me is I have an IE based web control embedded in my application. If this is used to view PDF documents, it crashes the whole application. The only solution I have found is to disable the addin. If like me this is affecting your own application, you can disable the preview by writing these registry keys

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000}]

"Flags"=dword:00000001

"Version"="*"

Still not a good user experience though. Now instead of a preview the user gets asked if they would like to save or open the PDF, but better than a crashing app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If I get that correctly, you are saying your web application is conflicting with our Plugin and we should look into it? Is that correct?

If that is the case, your developer team of the web app may contact our Dev support team and they will look into it. Adobe support for developers

Just for troubleshooting purposes, you may try disabling IE enhanced security mode and check if that helps. Also, try to whitelist the web-app URL from Reader preferences. To do that, launch Reader>Edit>Preference>Security(Enhanced)

If you already have found a workaround or solution to this issue, please feel free to update this discussion that may help other viewers.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

repondre en francais

lecture audio en français​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines