Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC Creates blob_storage folder

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the Adobe Reader creates the folder "blob_storage" on mounted network drives.

Installed version: 19.012.20034

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat PRO DC and the issue is the same since the update 19.012.20034

The blob_storage folder appear at the connection of Acobat to my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share workflow(video) and exact location of the created blob_storage ?

Regards

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens in every folder in that i open a PDF Document (only on Mapped network drives not local)

i dont know if this help but we had a similar issue where the PDF Reader created a GPU Cache folder, i think it was like 4-5 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally agree with fgdtc, nothing to say more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable reproduce this in-house with the reader from released version mentioned by you both.

To understand it better, can anyone of you please provide video/screenshots of the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here a link to a video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb439gi4sja7c6o/Sans%20titre%202.mov?dl=0

The first part of the video shows that the problem appears when the pdf file is opened from the network folder.

The second part of the video shows that the problem does not appear when the Adobe Acrobat application is started before opening the PDF.

The problem only appears when the PDF is in a network folder.

I'm a corporate network administrator and I had to stop adobe updates on every computer to avoid a pop-up of blob_storage folders...

I hope you can find the solution soon.

The computer is on the latest version of win10.

Adobe Acrobat is on version 19.012.20034

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for reproting it and appologies for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, it's similar to GPU Cache folder issue which was fixed in previeous release.

We are looking into this issue on priority, We shall get back to you as soon as possible.

-Regards

Sunil Soni

Acrobat eam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Any update so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing this problem too when opening PDFs from a network share. Please keep us updated when there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be similar to the following issue from last year:

Adobe CC Desktop App creating GPU Cache folder

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

retom50171959

Paul_Riman​

Please share your contact info to susoni@adobe.com, we want to share a private build with you to verify the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our users is having the same problem.

When he opens a PDF file from a mapped network drive, and then selects content and copies it, this blob_storage folder appears.

It happens in every folder when he does these steps.

Any update on if there is a solution or an update coming that corrects this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem here, everytime a PDF File is opened from a network share a "blob_storage" folder is created on the container folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat over here.  I'm currently in contact with support, but they initially told me that it's not possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is occurring for one of our clients as well for all 80+ users. This is a large issue and needs to be addressed as it causes a lot of folder clean-up needing to be done every time someone opens a pdf document.

Please Sunil2201​ , provide me with the private build to work on fix as well.

​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently in private conversation with Sunil2201, the support has sent me a fix that solves the problem but which causes another one. (Multiple error messages when starting acrobat)

I reported this problem yesterday and I am waiting for news from the support.

I will bring the solution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this matter? We are facing the same trouble with Acrobat Pro DC 2019.012.20034 on Windows 10 Pro: everytime we open a PDF file from a network share, the "blob_storage" folder is created on the network folder which holds that PDF.

As there is still no software update after one week, is there a way to go back to the previous version which doesn't have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your contact info to susoni@adobe.com, we want to share a private build with you to verify the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Fix of this issue is being targeted for Acrobat next release.

Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil2201, is there any sort of an ETA for this next release?  Are we looking at a week, a month, 6 months?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, these dates are confidential and couldn't be revealed.

We just had our major release a few days back so it's not gone happen so soon in a week, month or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering Sunil.

Is there a workaround we can use until then?

We have a Creative Cloud for Teams suscription, can we install a previous version?

Regards,

Toon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found on the adobe ftp site a new version 2019.012.20035.

tested and no blob_storage folder are created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Acrobat and Reader DC version 19.012.20035(Windows Only) is available with the fix for the issue, please install the latest update from help menu>select check for updates. For detailed information about the release, you may refer to the article 19.012.20035 Optional update, June 13, 2019 (Windows Only) — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine and check.

let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines