• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC has errors and crashes with Windows Server 2012 R2

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently installed Adobe Reader DC version of Adobe on our Windows Server 2012 R2 servers and are having issues since the launch. Few of the issues we have seen are as follows:

1. This version is a bit clunky and hangs.
  2. Has a lot of pop-up boxes that appears each time I open a document.
  3. Each time I open a document there is a Welcome pop-up box
  4. It is a bit slow to respond between clicks
  5. If I click on any options like File. The application hangs and then crashes. (see attached crash message)

Any help to resolve this would be helpful.

Thank you

Adobe error.PNG

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Questions to the users facing this issue:

1. Do you have the Preview Pane enabled in File Explorer? If so, can you disable it temporarily to see if the problem goes away? On Windows 8, in Explorer go to the View tab, and if the "Preview Pane" button is pressed, un-press it. On Windows 7, towards the top-right (towards the left of the help icon) there's a "Show the preview pane" button; un-press it.

2. Make sure the following directories exist on your machine. If not, please create them:

C:\Users\US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandy,

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this issue, lets try to get this issue resolved.

I will recommend you to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC & then re-install it again using this link  Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions‌

*Make sure that you have disabled the protected mode before re-installing the application. Please refer to this KB doc. Protected Mode troubleshooting | Adobe Reader

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  However, I do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed.  I uninstalled it a few months ago.  This error just started showing up a last week.  I exclusively use Adobe Acrobat Pro, the newest version.  Over 6 months ago, I had Reader DC, but it kept acting up and crashing.  Therefore, I uninstalled it, since I have Acrobat Pro.  However, as i mentioned above, last week this message keeps popping up even though I say "Close the program". 

The odd thing is, I do not have Reader DC as I stated above, I uninstalled it, so why am I having this issue?  I uninstalled my Acrobat Pro and reinstalled it and I'm still having the same issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Problem Details:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working. 

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: acrord32.exe

Application Version: 15.8.20082.15957

Application Timestamp: 55960b88

Fault Module Name: acrord32.exe

Fault Module Version: 15.8.20082.15957

Fault Module Timestamp: 55960b88

Exception Code: 40000015

Exception Offset: 000dfb9d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 7196

Additional Information 2: 71966aa44fc90d07542da354f1126cf0

Additional Information 3: 9a61

Additional Information 4: 9a613412be2432f1284ee0e39530abfa

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things do not make sense in your post

1. "Over 6 months ago, I had Reader DC": Acrobat DC and Reader DC was released in April 2015
  2. "I do not have Reader DC": yet it is the latest Reader DC version that is crashing

Two questions:

1. do you see Acrobat Reader DC in your Programs & Features?
  2. do you actually use Reader DC when it is crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my responses.  It is my first time posting a question and I am not as tech savy as the rest of this group. 

Some things do not make sense in your post

1. "Over 6 months ago, I had Reader DC": Acrobat DC and Reader DC was released in April 2015 - My apologizes - I have had Acrobat Pro DC and Reader DC since it was released.  However, about 1-2 months ago I uninstalled Reader DC. 
  2. "I do not have Reader DC": yet it is the latest Reader DC version that is crashing - As I stated above, I uninstalled Reader DC, but I keep getting this error.  It may be possible there are still something left of the program - Also, I have only been receiving this error message as of last week. 

Two questions:

1. do you see Acrobat Reader DC in your Programs & Features?  As I stated above and in my questions - I do not have Acrobat Reader DC in my Programs & Features - it is not in the Programs panel - therefore I cannot delete it.
  2. do you actually use Reader DC when it is crashing?  As I stated before - I do not use Reader DC - which is why I am asking this question - to my knowledge, I do not have Reader DC at all - since I uninstalled it a couple months ago - therefore I should not be receiving an error that it is crashing - but I am, hence my question to this forum. 

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running the Cleaner Tool http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html - this will remove all Acrobat and Reader versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the Cleaner Tool may need to run multiple times to clean multiple Reader instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh god i have the same problem as you, did you fix it? how can I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, apparently Adobe DC is for software developer use only, since you have to know how to recode your registry to make your substandard product work. Last I checked, when someone pays money for a subscription, the company is supposed to deliver a product THAT WORKS! I am in the middle of a quiz, and it requires that I use information on a .pdf document THAT KEEPS CRASHING BECAUSE ADOBE HIRES IDIOTS TO DO THEIR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT! I'll be blogging about Adobe's idiocy to the world, because I have more time to do that, than try to deal with a substandard company that SELLS products that DON'T WORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Pro DC acts like a virus.  It is not compatible with Windows 7, 8 or 10--the most widely used applications in the world.  It crashes Windows 7 every time I try to save a Word document as Adobe DC.  The screen freezes and I have to unplug the CPU at the wall to reboot.  All of the solutions proposed are beyond my skill.  I had to disable it.  Looking at this forum going back more than a year, Adobe is indifferent to the problem.  I am cancelling the subscription whether Adobe thinks I agreed to their shit or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue on a 2012 R2 Remote Desktop server. I fixed it by creating a registry key called Privileged under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC and then creating a DWORD value in that key called bProtectedMode and setting the value to 0. This was on a brand-new server that never had a previous version of any Adobe software on it.

This is a major kludge. Hopefully Adobe will fix it soon. By the way, here's the crash signature we were getting:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: AcroRd32.exe

Application Version: 15.7.20033.2203

Application Timestamp: 5507d7da

Fault Module Name: AcroRd32.dll

Fault Module Version: 15.7.20033.2203

Fault Module Timestamp: 5507d7bf

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00a085ad

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: ac05

Additional Information 2: ac0507478d1c5bd693cfc4fe3987e900

Additional Information 3: ac05

Additional Information 4: ac0507478d1c5bd693cfc4fe3987e900

Reference:

Protected Mode — Acrobat Application Security Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue on a 2012 R2 Remote Desktop server. I fixed it by creating a registry key called Privileged under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC and then creating a DWORD value in that key called bProtectedMode and setting the value to 0. This was on a brand-new server that never had a previous version of any Adobe software on it.

This also fixed it on an RDS 2016 server.

I don't know why this is still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem, brand new servers and it just refuses to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we have the same issue. We use W2012 R2 as Remotedesktop Servers. Editing vor each user the regestry on a Remotedesktop Server Farm is no solution. We installed on a new system.

The issue was raised here 6 weeks ago and it looks that there is now solution in the time between.

User need to reed PDF on the Remote Desktopn - but can't.

I would realy appriciate a solution.

Thanks

Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, the solution is to set the value in the GPO. It works now on our farm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions to the users facing this issue:

1. Do you have the Preview Pane enabled in File Explorer? If so, can you disable it temporarily to see if the problem goes away? On Windows 8, in Explorer go to the View tab, and if the "Preview Pane" button is pressed, un-press it. On Windows 7, towards the top-right (towards the left of the help icon) there's a "Show the preview pane" button; un-press it.

2. Make sure the following directories exist on your machine. If not, please create them:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\ToolsSearchCacheAcro

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\ToolsSearchCacheRdr

replace USERNAME with your user name.

Does doing 1 and/or 2 resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashutoshmehra!

I have checked on 2 PC at work.

Users always use preview pane. Both had the issue.

I create the ToolsSearchCacheRdr on both and everything is fine now. They already have ToolsSearchCacheAcro.

Both AcroRd32.exe thread live and died properly.

On your next update, you can check if this folder exist

Thanks!

Arnault

edit:

I made this correction on Windows 7 SP1 Pro x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure enough, there was a CacheAcro, but no CacheRdr folder there.

It seems that the problem affected previewing pdfs in windows explorer.

Fingers-crossed, but your suggestion seems to have solved this little niggling issue.

Thanks, m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The 2 solutions seem to have fixed my issues. But will I "never" be able to use Preview Pane in File Explorer again?

I had to also create the folder ToolsSearchCacheRdr. I already have ToolsSearchCacheAcro.

My installation comes from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat DC keeps crashing and I tried uninstalling it and it won't go away, it won't let me update, I go into program files and it doesn't even show up there. Now I have no acrobat at all and I cannot seem to find out how to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think Adobe would have solved this problem with so many complaints.  

I thought it was a problem with Windows 10.   Not. 

I made one change and it did solve the problem.  Simple.  Change windows explorer view to "details" not "view."   That worked.  Why? I  have no idea.   

When you see a lot of work-arounds and patches, it is rarely the answer.

Adobe, fix the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Found the solution for the problem. Same problem on Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS, sam crashes... The solution is to add registry entry. This entry disable Adobe Reader Sandobox protection.

1. Open Registry Editor - Regedit

2. Find Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown

3. Create new DWORD Value:

Value Name:  bProtectedMode

Value Data:  0

4. Close Regeditor

Voila there no more crashes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! After trying all of the fixes listed in this and one other thread, your solution worked. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines