• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeARM.exe error

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After starting up, but before selecting my logon, get message AdobeARM.exe-Entry Point Not Found, The procedure entry point create process with TokenW could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll. Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrica,

What OS and product version are you using?

What were you doing when you got this error message?

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3, started computer, desktop populated, then error showed.

Have Adobe Reader X, but was not trying to use program, need to clear error message. Ran virus and malware checks - all clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia,

I would recommend you to repair Reader installation and then restart your pc and check if the issue persists. (Help-> Repair Installation)

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my very late reply and appreciate all your responses.  I tried Repair Installation, it did not work. I had to recruit some professional assistance for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patricia,

Before I provide a solution for you, can you please answer a few simple question?

You do not have to answer of cause, but it will help to better understand how you and some other people who reported the same issue, got it in the first place.

1. Did you install latest Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat update manually in the last few days?

3. Is this computer in a network, where it is managed by IT

2. Right click on the Task Bar and select Task Manager. Select Services tab(if it is there)  - do you see AdobeARMService running ?

Temporary solution.

You will need to use Registry editor to fix this.

In the low left corner of the Task Bar click on Start button and type Regedit.exe

When Regedit opens, select the following path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

(read more on this path here - Startup details - Adobe ARM (AdobeARM.exe))

In the right pane view find a value called Adobe ARM, right click on it and delete.

Do not run Reader or Acrobat repair - it will restore the value.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP is out-of-life and Reader X (or XI or DC) are no longer supported on Windows XP.

To get rid of the error, please do this:

1. Go to Start Menu, then Run (or press WindowsKey + R)

2. Type cmd and press Enter

3. In the command-prompt window type:

sc delete AdobeARMService

and press Enter. Then restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does creating the following registry key make the problem go away?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\11.0\FeatureLockDown]

"bUpdater"=dword:00000000

In addition, you can run msconfig (via the Win+R), go to the Startup tab, and deselct "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager" item (that corresponds to the AdobeARM.exe process), press Apply, and restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ashutoshmehra wrote:

Does creating the following registry key make the problem go away?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\11.0\FeatureLockDown]

"bUpdater"=dword:00000000

In addition, you can run msconfig (via the Win+R), go to the Startup tab, and deselct "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager" item (that corresponds to the AdobeARM.exe process), press Apply, and restart your machine.

This seems to have worked. I'll need to follow up with the user tomorrow but so far I haven't gotten the popup. I have 2 more users to test on.

"

To get rid of the error, please do this:

1. Go to Start Menu, then Run (or press WindowsKey + R)

2. Type cmd and press Enter

3. In the command-prompt window type:

sc delete AdobeARMService

and press Enter. Then restart your machine."

This did not work on windows xp as there was no AdobeARMService.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP Pro, SP3; Adobe Reader 10.1.4

I’m getting exactly the same problem, starting as of a couple of weeks ago. 

Started on two separate computers, both running XP SP3, more or less simultaneously, which was suspicious in itself.  The last time I had anything even remotely like this it turned out to be an update of Malwarebytes which was incompatible with XP, so I wondered if something similar had happened.

“AdobeARM.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point CreateProcessWithTokenW could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.”

turns up a) on startup, as desktop is populating, and b) when I open PDFs using Reader.  Haven’t tried reinstalling program since ADVAPI32.dll doesn’t actually appear to be related to Reader – and isn’t actually present on the laptop, though it is on the PC.  Reader was working fine until this happened.  Would have thought it might have been some sort of update causing it – except that I have just about all updates apart from antivirus set to notify me but not to download anything without my say-so. 

Have tried the command-line “sc delete AdobeARMService” trick, but this just brings up the message

“[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.”

Tried the msconfig trick, deselecting "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager" from the Startup tab.  That does indeed seem to have stopped the message from popping up when I boot the machine, but it still occurs when I open a PDF in Reader.

I don’t fancy tampering with the Registry when I don’t know what I’m doing.

Looking forward to hearing if there is some fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Fix for this issue is now available. Please visit the KB doc here: Error: AdobeARM.exe entry point not found and follow the instructions mentioned.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AdobeARM.exe-Entry Point not found

The procedure entry point creatprocesswithtokenw could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAP132.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines