Can't save pdf document

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve been working with the same document in Acrobat Reader for a while, using the tools with comments, etc. and I never had any problems saving, but suddenly I can't save. When pressing "save" I see a dialogue box saying "save as", but it's all empty so I can't continue. I have tried "repair installation", there are no updates and the automatic saving never worked.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021
Hi All! Thanks to everyone for your patience and for your cooperation. Acrobat & Reader DC October updates are live now containing the fix, please install the latest update from the help menu of the app>select check for updates, reboot the machine if possible after the update and check the functionality.  For more details about the release, please see this: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - October' 21 updates are Live! Let us know if you experience any issues. Regards, Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021
Hi! Please install the latest update of the app from the help menu>select check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and check the functionality. To know more about this update, see this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-october-21-updates-are-live/td-p/12446503 If you are still experiencing this issue, then go to the Preferences settings of the Acrobat from Edit menu (Windows)/ Acrobat (Mac)> select Preferences> General> and...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021
Hi @Edtmun5C68  Please try the solution shared in this article and let us know if this doesn't work: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/blank-save-as-dialog-mac.html Also, please make sure you are on the latest version of Acrobat/Reader 21.007.20099 Planned update, Oct 12, 2021 Check for any pending updates from the help menu>select check for updates, reboot the machine after updating the app. Regards, Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had.

Please make sure you have the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC installed: 20.013.20064 Planned update, Nov 03, 2020

Please check for any pending updates from the help menu>select check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

If you want to save files on the local drive of your machine. The "Save" option would be activated only if you made some changes to the opened document. You can always use "Ctrl+Shift+S" to launch save as dialog and you can choose your desired location to save the file.

As you have mentioned that the "Save as" windows open as blank, please try the following steps:

• Launch the application and go to Edit menu(Windows)/Acrobat(Mac) > Preference > General.
  • Uncheck the box for "Show online storage when saving files".
  • Click "OK" at the bottom to save the settings.

Now try to save the file and check if it works fine. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Anand, this is an old post, but unchecking the box for "Show online storage when saving files" worked for me a treat - how nice to get such a quick fix - much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for us as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I had to save a file for work This allowed me to do it~

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, had the same problem, fixed in a minute!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Anand!! Just worked for me also!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please walk me through the steps of finding the box that says "Show online storage when saving files"?  I can't seem to find that box to uncheck.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add I did the steps as mentioned above and did not see anything that said that exact statement.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it, but it didn't help.  Same blank box.  It worked to Save As just the other day, but now there must be a glitch, since other people are experiencing problems as well.  Sigh.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna-Lisa,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

Please check the Acrobat version you are using currently. If you are using Acrobat version 21.007.20091, please update the application to the version 21.007.20095. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

Check if that resolves the issue.

For more information about the latest patch, you may refer to the following help document: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuoussept2021qfe... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna-lisa, you have to change the security settings in Windows 10 in order to be able to save after editing;

Update and Security -> Windows security -> virus and threat protection -> mange settings -> add adobe - it works like a charm

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This worked for me as well - it was driving me bananas!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, line alreadt unchecked. Still cannot save PDF

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, its not working for me as well

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutley worked for me. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anand, that was the cure. Tom

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it worked for me without a hitch.. Bravo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfect for me.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This was so helpful.  I can now save again without any issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anand Sri!  Just like all of the other responses, out of the blue, Acrobat refused to "save as" & this fix worked perfectly!!!  I can now stop pulling my hair out!!! 😛

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and it was solved with this solution without close acrobat reader. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

AWEOME!!

This worked.

Rare to get an answer to a tech Q on the internet that is spot on!!!

Merry Christmas!

DAve

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines