• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain colors not showing up in pdf when being preveiwed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 10.56.38 AM.pngI have a problem with certain colors not previewing in pdfs only in Pro DC...older acrobat views same file correctly? Reinstalling didn't help. Has anyone else had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

POSSIBLE FIX - Under Preferences I had "Replace Document Colors" Checked. I unchecked that and seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulv,

I recommend: After changing settings in the Flattener Preview dialog, click Refresh to see the results.

If the results are not correct after clicking the Refresh button, would it be possible for you to provide a sample PDF How to share a document for investigation?

If you are already have found a solution to this issue, please update this thread with your findings that may help others.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com in the screen shot of the same file opened in Acrobat X of right and Acrobat Pro-DC on left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulv,

Thank you for sharing the screenshots and file with us.

Were you able to test whether clicking the Refresh button allowed all colours to show?  If you enter new values, the affected colours/artwork are not shown until you hit refresh and the new settings are rendered.

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refreshing has no effect...file colors show up in the flattener preview fine but not in the main/original window when i open these pdfs. We have narrowed it down to transparencies. It's something on my Mac thats causing it....same file, same version of acrobat will view fine on a different machine. Reinstalled...dumped preferences, loaded prefrences from other machines, nothing has worked yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? It happens a lot to my PDFs and one that have been sent to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks and is very frustrating. We primarily print using PDF and will be a HUGE problem if this continues to happen.

Any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, BH VCD and BGC, you see what you expect only in the Flattener Preview window, and certain black text is missing in the main window? Or is this a different problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE FIX - Under Preferences I had "Replace Document Colors" Checked. I unchecked that and seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which section under Preferences? There are a lot of options in the left hand menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

The option "Replace document color" available under the Accessiblity.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you sooo much for this. I've been looking for HOURS why my backgrounds are not showing up in my pdfs from indesign. I FORGOT last week that I had altered the ACCESSIBILITY preferences for a client to remove all backgrounds from his book. THANK YOU xxx 1 million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awsome it solved my problem immediately!

Your`e a Star!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it solved my problem, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was investigating this same anomoly. I had thought it something more complex to fix, now that I'm using AMD chipset instead of Intel. This had never been an issue for me while using INTEL.

When i came across your post, I'd went and done what you said. Unchecked "Replace Document Colors" under accessibility and it fixed the problem. Thanks once again for the post it was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not solve the problem for me.

In my Chrome, it shows the following page, whereas adobe reader is not showing it.

Google Chrome PDF ViewerGoogle Chrome PDF ViewerAdobe Reader PDF ViewerAdobe Reader PDF Viewer

You can check many of my lecture slides. It shows in a similar way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uncheck the option of "Replace Document Colors".

That is goto Edit=>Preferences=> Accessibility. Cheers !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines