• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Margins size in PDF (Adobe Reader DC) ?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community ,

I need free spaces at the bottom of my PDF document in order to add pictures but I cannot adjust margins.

Does anyone has a solution ?

I already read lot of other topics but none solution fit my problem.

Cannot adjust margins in Acrobat Reader X

How to change Margins in PDF?

Re: Adobe Reader X 10.1.19 margins disabled

Thank you for you help,

Maxime

Adobe_margin.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

You cannot do this in Reader.  In Acrobat this is awkward and confusing but it is done using the Crop Pages tool using "set page size".

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the last few month I`m trying to solve the problem.

here is the solution in adobe acrobat dc

open organize pages

on More select set page boxes

change page size

custom : increase width size as you wish say 1 inch right and 1 left ; so make the width 10.5 inches 

select page range you want 

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the fix I needed, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so awesome, thank yuu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This is so not intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved me so much hassle. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"for the last few month I`m trying to solve the problem."

Next time try pdf-xchanger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot do this in the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.

Each Reader do I need and what's the procedure?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot do this in Reader.  In Acrobat this is awkward and confusing but it is done using the Crop Pages tool using "set page size".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem, document printed fine from Word with the margin parameters I had set, but whenever I went to print from the PDF using Adobe it forces a 25mm (1") border around the whole document, no matter how much you scale or fit the page, and even though the margins were set in Word (and our printer was more than capable of printing in this area). I'm sorry Abode, but your free reader is pants. I highly recommend using C u t e P D F E d i t o r as this will print exactly how you want it, directly from your browser, and it has FREE edit functions and will convert to Word, Excel, whatever else you please - for FREE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro is the thing to use for margin changes.

First, show rulers to check margins, View, Show/Hide, Rulers & Grids, Rulers.

On right hand side of screen (in my system anyway), open Organize Pages, More, Set Page Boxes, in Change Page Size click Custom. Set page size the same as you have now (for me 8.5X11”), then move the margins by inserting a non-zero number in XOffset. A positive number moves the text to right by XOffset amount (increases left margin and decreases right margin by same amount); a negative number moves text to left by the XOffset. In Page Range on the right, you can select All Pages, certain page numbers, or just even, or just odd pages. Note, for only even (or only odd) pages, you have to select All Pages first and then select even or odd. Then, click OK. Then, close (upper right).

If you offset once, and then find it is not what you want, so you have to offset again, note that the new offset changes from what you presently have (not what you started with originally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to do any of this, for Acrobat Reader there is a simple solution which I can share gladly on request. It works well for booklets too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, please show us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines