• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a MacBook Pro running El Capitan and I used the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Last Version) to digitally sing some documents. Before the update of El Capitan to the last version (10.11.6) the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC crash and I cant digitally sing documents anymore. I verify the capability of my smart card (digital signature) and is working fine, also the MacBook Pro is using the certificates without problems, so the problem is the Acrobat in the new version of MacOSX.

Attached you can find the error from the Adobe:

Screenshot Adobe.png

Could you please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ronnyj75312535,

Please visit this link:"the credential selected for signing is invalid"

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I already tried with the method above without succeed, have you any other ideas?

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Try to perform following steps:

1-Open Reader>navigate to Preferences

1.PNG

2- Go to Signatures>Identities & Trusted Certificates

2.PNG

3- Expand Digital IDs>click PKCS#11...>Attach Module

3.PNG

4-Enter as value /usr/local/lib/beid-pkcs11.bundle and accept.

4.PNG

5- Make sure your card reader is properly connected and that your e-ID is inserted into it.Your E-ID certificates should now look like the screen below.Select your signature certificate.

5.PNG

6- Go to the menu Use Options and select Use for Signing.

6.PNG

7- A small icon now appears next to your signature certificate.

7.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Following the steps above in the step number 4, the following error appears:

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-29 a las 5.42.21 p.m..png

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-29 a las 5.43.42 p.m..png

I can proced with the rest of your tutorial, could you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I navigate to the location above without results but I found the library for the pckcs11 module. Once I load the pkcs11 module on the adobe the following happens:

Captura de pantalla 2016-08-05 a las 12.52.10 p.m..png

Now the adobe finds the Smart Card reader and the Smart Card but show us the disconnected status, once we log in with the Digital Sign password the following happens:

Captura de pantalla 2016-08-05 a las 12.52.18 p.m..png

Captura de pantalla 2016-08-05 a las 12.52.22 p.m..png

The adobe show us an empty smart card, but we run an application and the smart card still have the certificates.

Could you please help us?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ronnyj75312535 ,

Try to perform the steps given in post # 16 in this link : 10.11.6 CAC signing not working with 11.0.17 Acrobat  and let us know if it worked.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I got to step 4 and get the pop up that says it cannot find that path. Do I need to download it from somewhere first? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and none of the Adobe rep solutions have worked. I have updated the preferences to not check for revoked certificates, I have manually added my certificates to trusted certificates, and I have attempted to load the PKCS11 bundle which came back with an error. This is a big problem as I cannot do any work from home if Adobe won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Onoku ,

Try to perform the steps given in post # 16 in this link : 10.11.6 CAC signing not working with 11.0.17 Acrobat  and let us know if it worked.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Onoku,

We already tried this method before without succeeed. This an urgent topic, have you any idea if this will be resolved by Adobe soon?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do now?

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.21.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.21.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Could not load the PKCS#11 module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the module isn't located there anymore.

https://eid.belgium.be/nl/faq/hoe-stel-ik-een-digitale-handtekening-met-adobe-reader-dc#7604

In this article you get a new path mentioned to: /Library/Belgium Identity Card/Pkcs11/beid-pkcs11.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libbeidpkcs11.dylib

Maybe you can tryout this one. It worked perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I continue to experience the same problem. 

Macbook M1 Air

I need to install epass2003 certificate for document signing

When I try loading the PKCS#11 module, I get the error message - "Could not load the PKCS#11 module" without any additional information 

I have tried uninstalling the software , install the latest version but it has not helped. 

Can someone please help resolve this issue.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 2.39.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 2.40.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 2.40.20 PM.png

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with me. Not able to resolve now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. If you are running on a M1/Apple sillicon machine right click on Adobe Acrobat -> Get Info and check the "Open with Rosetta" checkbox. Restart the app and try installing/loading the libary again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you look at that directory in finder is the library still located there?

I had the same issue with the Belgian EID library because the path was changed with the latest install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines