Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error (10:10)

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I already seen several similar posts, but i was not able to find any post that contain error 10:10.

So, sometimes (not always) I am getting error:

There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (10:10)

After error I have to close and restart IE.

What could be the cause of the problem?

Thank you,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you all are doing well. The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2021.html#dccontinuousjunehotfixtwentytwentyone 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

@defaultwl7a7yzohe2m 

Hi!

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the trouble you had. Please install the latest update of Acrobat & Reader 21.007.20091 Planned update, Sept 14, 2021 app and see if you still experience this issue.

Update the app from the help menu>select check for updates, install the latest patch and reboot the app and machine if possible.

To know more about the latest release, please see: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - September' 21 update is now available!

Let us know how

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you all are doing well. The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Let us know if you still experience any issues.

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working! Installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled, ran the update, rebooted, nothing, still getting the error!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using acrobat or reader? Acrobat didnt work for me but reader did. Also, try installing an older version and set as default and see if that works. Second, try running revo uninstaller and scan at the end and remove additional leftover files and try reinstalling again.

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/acrobat-reader-xi-11-0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM GETTING THE ERROR WHEN I ATTEMPT TO PULL UP A PAYROLL FORM IN QB DESKTOP. I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE. HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error in Quickbooks Desktop as well.  I get it when I try and run my previous bank reconciliation report.  Is there going to be another update to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same error - the only thing that worked for me after applying the downloaded updates - was to 

TURN OFF PDF VIEWER in your add-ons of your search engine!   I had to find it under internet explorer 11 add-ons.   

Internet Explorer > Gear icon > Manage add-ons > [Show: All add-ons]> disable the PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for us. Had to go to 

Rename the folder ActiveX.  I have renamed it to ActiveX.old in the past.

Folder location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked but I had to download reader to get it to work. Acrobat dc pro byu itself  had the same issue. This is in quickbooks by the way. Reinstalling acrobat got the same error.

Installing reader and updating via patch seems to have fixed it though. I am not sure if acrobat didnt work because quickbooks programming uses reader only or if there is still a problem with Acrobat.

Regardless, it is working on a few machines already.

Thanks Adobe support for working hard and getting an update to us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied this new patch and I am still getting the same error. Is there additional information for fixing this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have applied this patch and am receiving the same error. I would be interested in any additional information as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have applied this patch and am receiving the same error. I would be interested in any additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only resolution I've found for this is to disable the Adobe PDF Reader add-in in IE.

Tools > Manage Add-ons > Show: All add-ons > Disable Adobe PDF Reader add-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!   Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me after installing the patch updates. In QuickBooks, it tries to pull up an Internet Exlplorer page, that fails and opens the reports in Adobe. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! No thanks to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Trying to resolve this problem was making me crazy and your solution worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this!. I was going crazy as well trying to fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The users in our environment seem to start encountering this issue after TWAIN scanning. Installing the latest TWAIN drivers available seems to resolve the issue permanently for them but the patch does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to finally fix this by changing HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Reader\DC\FeatureLockdown\bProtectedMode from value 0 to value 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have adobe acrobat pro and when I tried the fix/patch nothing happens, it still fails, apparently people say it only works for people with Adobe Reader not Acrobat DC Pro.  I also tried adding the bProtectedMode registry with a value of 0 and nothing happened, then I tried changing it to 1 and adobe won't even open, I will try to open adobe and nothing happens, even just opening the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i also get this message in Quickbooks. Tried downloading patch but my computer blocked it saying the file is harmful to my computer.  Just Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the folder ActiveX.  I have renamed it to ActiveX.old in the past.

Folder location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat

Updates to Adobe will revert this work around. (When adobe updates it will recreate the ActiveX folder.)

Creating this work around will force QuickBooks to download the PDF and open it using the Adobe program, instead of using a plugin to open it inside of QuickBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have already discussed this is a "fix" but it is not an acceptable one for many companies that use other software that generates PDF reports. When we change the ActiveX folder name it will work for quickbooks and open the pdf directly in Adobe rather than IE. However this will break other applications ability to generate reports such as CCH Axcess, UltraTax etc. Adobe needs to fix this ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines