Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1014:1014

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have a case where a customer is on a Windows Server 2012 R2 terminal server. With Adobe Acrobat and Reader is installed. And when the customer tries to open a PDF file from there bank and want it to open in Internet Explorer (version: 11.0.9600.18817) I get this message:

adobe error.png

Translated: There has been a problem with Adobe Acrobat / Reader. If it's running, get out of the program and try again. (1014: 1014)

It works if you log into the bank via Google Chrome...

I have tried to repair the install and see after new updates on Reader but same issue. I have not tried to reinstall the program since it's a terminal server I have to do it at night when no one is using Reader.

Thanks in advance for any help

Kind regard

Anders Guldbrandsen

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sidco,

As per the description above, you are getting an error 1014:1014 with Adobe Reader/Acrobat, Is that correct?

Please refer to the following KB links which discuss the similar issue:

adobe reader error code 1014:1014 (Acrobat Reader)  Link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/adobe-reader-error-code-1014-1014-q73339.aspx

Error 1014 when trying to open/print with Acrobat Reader Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2316520

Error 1014:1014  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2211139

(1014:1014) Error in Browser  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2112727

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue like Sidco, in the same infrastructure.

If I restart the Server and deactivate and reactive the plugin and set Acrobat Standard as the default and afterwards Reader as default it start working again. I cannot say what exactly make it work again.

But after 1-2 weeks, the problem comes back.

For me it looks like a stupid bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello stefanfuerst

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I monitored the file accesses of iexplore.exe with procmon. I figured out that a folder permission is missing.

Adjust the security settings of the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\

Add User

"APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES"

and grant read+execute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines