• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message "Adobe Reader could not open...

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my Adobe Acrobat Pro V10.1.3 print to the Adobe PDF printer to create all kinds of pdf files. One of my receipiants who gets these documents as e-mail attachments, gets the following error message when attempting to open those files:

"Adobe Reader could not open … because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn’t correctly decoded)."

This error message makes no sense to me, How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gc, The funny thing is, I thought this discussion was about Acrobat Reader (Adobe Reader) and that's FREE. Maybe that still feels overpriced to you... or maybe someone's scammed you into paying for free stuff...  Anyway, if you don't keep a backup you are the author of your own misfortune, in my opinion (for which there is also no charge).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't believe Adobe hasn't managed to resolve this issue after 11 years of reports. This is what happens when one company is allowed to dominate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue for us was caused by the user not being logged into Onedrive.

This meant that the file she selected from her Synced Folder was not downloaded to her computer.
She of course then sent the attachment by email which would have been just a Skeleton version of the file.
Once we logged into Onedrive and downloaded those files we were able to send and open them again with no issues so check that OneDrive is indeed running folks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines