We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Okay, so this is the weirdest thing.
I can't open any files that have 'CR' in either the file name, or the file path. It is only with 'CR' (yes, capital only). It does not matter whether it's at the beggining, middle, or end of the file name or file path. The file can be on the desktop, or be inside a folder that contains CR on it, it does not matter.
The error I receive when I try to open these files is "Before proceeding you must first launch Adobe Acrobat and accept the End User License Agreement." and I only get an 'OK' option. If I open Adobe Reader I never get prompted to accept the EULA. I checked my registry, the EULA is on (accepted). Please help, this is ridiculous!
Many of the files I download for work have the letters 'CR' on it... It's a pain to have to rename each and every one of them. Please HELP!!!!!!!!
By the way, I am running Adobe Reader X 10.1 and this happens to EVERYONE in my office... Does it happen to any of you?! Just try to rename a file to CR and see what happens. Thank you in advance for your help!
Same thing here. Has anyone found a fix besides renaming the file?
So you can see it, THERE'S the file I named CR.pdf. It was Chase Calendar 6-2011.pdf.
I right click and select Open with>Reader X and it opens just the same as it has since last week when I made it.
I'd think since this is happening all over your office, there is something specific on all those systems that is causing this.
I see. Well, just to make sure it isn't an error with the advertised Adobe Reader from my IT department - I installed Adobe Reader directly from the manufacturer. I still have the same error.
By the way, are you running Windows, or MAC? Maybe this why it is working for you... (Never mind, I didn't look closely at the pictures) - I have Windows 7.
Any further help would be greatly appreciated.
Message was edited by: GiaKzter
I can confirm that we have users affected by this on the following system:
Server 2003 x64 running XenApp 5.
Adobe Acrobat 10.1.
I can confirm this bug as well (Windows 7 - 32bit). I have just reported it directly to Adobe via their bug report form.
This bug has turned up directly after the latest 10.1.0 version was rolled out. I can confirm that any other combination of CR (cr, cR and Cr) work well. Furthermore: if Adobe Reader is already running, then double-clicking on the file in Windows Explorer does function. You can also open a file with CR in the file name with the file open command from within Adobe Reader x.
I forgot to mention that most of our systems have Win7 32-bit editions. But, as most of you have confirmed, it is also happening on 64-bit OS.
With Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (SP1), Reader X and a file named CR.pdf, I'm just not getting this error.
And just to be absolutely certain.. you have the very latest Reader 10.1.0 update installed?
It's as up to date as up to date can get.
And I am NOT in a corporate environment. Standalone home computer.
I can also open a file named CR.pdf.
I can confirm that this error does not occur at home with Win 7 64-bit and Vista 64-bit (German language setup).Furthermore it seems to have nothing to do if Acrobat Exchange is installed or not.
--> Those who can confirm this error: are you in a corporate (domain) environment?
--> Those who can not reproduce the error: are you in a workgroup environment?
Our environment is Citrix Xendesktop 5 with Windows 7 32 bit enterprise installed and we can't open files with CR.
thats fix the problem
I can confirm this. It just does not solve my problem. The issue is, that due to a business apllication we are forced to start Adobe Reader in unprotected mode. This applicatzion displays PDF files via IE/html links, and when you start with Protected Mode enabled, the PDF is not displayed.
you can remove all the lockdown dwords
it works allso
So if Adobe Support is reading here - the unability to open files with a capital CR in the filename is caused by the bProtectedMode parameter provided in order to disable Protected Mode .
Please make that possible again. Thank you.
We are in an office environment. We are running server 2008 but still transitioning from server 2003. The majority of our staff is running Win7 Pro 32-bit but again, also still transitioning from XP due to some applications.
I tried the bProtectedMode regedit and it worked. However, the same issue that 'DGF CH' mentions applies to us here: "...due to a business apllication we are forced to start Adobe Reader in unprotected mode."
Adobe, please fix this!
I ran into the same problem. I wrote a post on my blog about how I fixed it. Hopefully it will help in your case as well.
I will say I went back & tested the whole CR in the name thing. I can confirm that on Windows Server 2008 SP2 32bit & Adobe Reader X 10.1.0 if the filename has CR in it anywhere it will trigger the EULA error. The fix I mention in my blog post does however get around having to rename files.
We fixed this issue by installing patch 10.1.1. You can download this patch from Adobe’s FTP site: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.1/misc/ .
The cause was that many of our auto-generated documents contained the “CR” in either the filename or pathname.
Good luck fixing this issue!
This issue has been fixed in the latest update. See release notes for more details. Thank you Adobe.