• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill & Sign Issues

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have a PDF file open and I hit the FILL AND SIGN button, my document disappears and I am unable to do anything. What is going on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlesb90874656,

Please let me know the exact dot version of Reader & OS installed on your computer?

Are you experiencing this issue with all the PDF files?

If you are on Windows OS, open Reader, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aadesh,

I have the most up to date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Windows edition 8.1.

It has just started happening, it happens mostly for documents that I have saved on my computer. I have documents that need to be filled out occasionally, so PDF Fill and Sign always worked great.

I tried to do the "repair installation" function and nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlesb90874656,

Have you tried this issue on other PDF files?

Do you get same result?

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aadesh,

Yes I have tried other documents and I get the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX El Capitan, Acrobat Pro DC, exact same issue, have uninstalled and reinstalled to no effect, have seen similar comments (fill and sign not functioning)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlesb90874656 / brettef65697770,

We tried to reproduce the problem at our end but couldn't.

Could you please share the following information so that we could replicate the problem internally and take appropriate action on it-

1. What is the product version of your Acrobat DC (Click on Help in Acrobat menu bar > Choose 'About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC...' > Click <Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar>(those three keys in combination if on windows, on Mac Command+Shift+click on the text 2015 written just below Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) > take a snapshot of the appeared screen and please share ).

2. Please provide the exact steps which we could use to reproduce the problem at our end, it will be great if you could create a video of the steps and share it with us. For sharing video you can refer to How to share a document

3. Kindly share file/files on which you are seeing the issue(if possible).

Hope we could help you.

Thanks,

Vimal Dobhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 11.27.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In further reference to issue and video this behavior (failure of pdf to load and/or display for signing) occurs with all pdf's, currently the feature is working on my other computer (also running OS X el capitan) and my mobile iOS devices and I use it frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi brettef65697770,

Thanks for providing the required information.

You have mentioned that you are using 2 systems with OS X el  captan, can you please tell me whether both the systems are running on the same version of el capitan ?

Also does this problem persists even after restarting your system ?

Hope we could help you.

Regards

Vimal Dobhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and yes.

Brette E. Freedle

The Law Offices of Brette E. Freedle

695 N. Perryville Road, Suite 4

Rockford, IL 61107-6225

815-399-7035 (Phone)

888-241-5854 (Fax)

bfreedle@beflaw.com

www.beflaw.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One more thing I would like to ask, whether this problem appears in Fill and Sign only?

Can you please try below two scenarios and provide me the output

First => Open a pdf file > Click on Send for Signature tool instead of Fill and Sign

Second => Open a PDF file > Hit File-> Save As or click Ctrl+Shift+S

Can you please attach the screenshot after applying both the scenarios.?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Vimal Dobhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found problem with fiil&sign tool in Adobe Document Reader DC  - Polish (15.010.20060). I try to fill form using polish specific letters and then print the form. Unfortunatelly on print preview and on the printed form words containing polish specific letters are invisible or removed, also when i try to save fullfilled form.

Thanks in advance

Marek Wozniak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Im having the same problem for Fill & Sign and Send for signature. see images below, please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marisse,

Thanks for providing the required information.

Could you please share the following information so that we could replicate the problem internally and take appropriate action on it -

1. Please provide the exact steps which we could use to reproduce the problem at our end.

2. What's the OS version you are using ?

3. Kindly share the Reader web resources with us. For this, right click on your application shortcut and select 'Open File location' and here you can see that a 'WebResources' folder is present, please share it with us.

On Windows,  WebResources folder is present on 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader'

4. If you are signed In in Reader, can you please try Signing Out and Signing In again and check whether this problem still persists ?

Thanks in advance

Vimal Dobhal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vimal,

I am having the exact same problem.

1. steps to reproduce: Open/Create ANY document in Acrobat DC, Click on "Fill & Sign" or "Send for Signature"  - result = blank screen.

(see screenshots below)

2. OS version: OS X El Capitan - 10.11.6 (15G31)

3. I am using Acrobat DC and wasn't able to locate teh WebResources folder as described. Please advise.

4. I tried signing out and signing in again. Same problem still exists.

Screenshots

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 1.53.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 1.53.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 1.53.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 1.54.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found my webresources.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vimal ,

1. I am trying t use the Fill & Sign and Send for Signature

2. Windows 10

3. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

4. I tried signing in, below is the result:

and i tried using this feature when I signed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vimal,

Any update on this? It's kind of a glaring bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Strack/Rohan/Marisse ,

These issues are occurring due to patching problems i.e. during the software update process some of the files/packages are not properly updated. We are working on solving this problem

In the meantime ,kindly try the below two approaches and revert if the problem still persists.

1. Restart your system and Launch Reader/Acrobat application.

2. Reinstall the Reader/Acrobat application.

Thanks

Vimal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vimal,

Update for you - I tried both 1 and 2, no success.

Thx,

Strack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope I am posting this in the correct area.

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (AARDC) version 2015.017.20053, running on Windows 10 with 8 GB ram. When I open my document and click Fill & Sign, no ADD TEXT nor ANNOTATIONS icons appear in the toolbar to use in editing. I tried uninstalling and reloading the program twice, restarting my PC each time. I disabled the Norton Security firewall and Auto-Protect before I did each download and reinstall of AARDC. I still do not get the tools in the toolbar to add texts or annotations to my document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ursula;

(Note that this response only applies to Ursula's issue which is different than the issue in the rest of this thread)

The issue you are seeing is different than the one described in this thread.  The reason those Fill & Sign tools do not show up is that the PDF is an Acroform or XFA PDF form - it is already a PDF form which *could* be filled out with the native PDF filling in Reader.  The Fill & Sign tools are for filling out "flat" forms, forms that do not have interactive fields, they just look like a form, there are a ton of PDFs out there like this.  However, your PDF obviously does not have interactive fields in most places where there are fields displayed so you can't use the native form filling and need the Fill & Sign tools, this is also too common, PDFs that have *some* form fields and many "flat" fields.  

The work-around I can recommend is to use Fill & Sign on the web or the iOS app where in both cases you can fill out Acroforms regardless of actual fields existing.  https://cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not convinced this is the only case, to be honest:

If I create a PDF from scratch using Acrobat Pro --- no text, nothing fancy, just combining images -- I still get the blank screen on fill & sign. I'm hoping the answer isn't to not use reader and be forced to use the online / mobile solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines