• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts takes too long time to get installed

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! Adobe fonts are taking too long time to be installed! I guess this is an old issue, I used to have this same problem when this service was called as "Type Kit". I can see the problem continues, unfortunelly. My internet connection is Ok.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Hi everyone – The Fonts team hears your frustration. While my reassurances aren't as valuable as offering a solution, please know we are actively working on determining the cause and treating this issue with top priority.

At this time, the best way to help the Adobe Fonts team fix activation issues is by posting your recent CoreSync logs from around the time you experience the delay, and let us know whether you are activating fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop or directly from the Adobe F

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

A solution that I found that works for me was to turn off/on Adobe Fonts and restart InDesign. Found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-adding-fonts.html#:~:text=5.%20Toggle%20the%20Adobe%20Fonts%20setting

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 128 Replies 128
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. Please try the troubleshooting steps in this help page to start:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well. Bit of a joke when you pay a subscription service fee. It literally takes ages for the font to appear in Illustrator. This never used to be an issue and is adding time onto my days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed VERY slow, and @liz_g 's reply doesn't address the matter at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble while activating fonts. If you've already tried the steps shared by Liz. We would request you to please get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can assist you further?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a constant issue among many people. Maybe Adobe should look into it instead of making us do the leg work. Clearly a universal problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So expect us to do all this anytime we activate fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a little ridiculous... paying hundreds of dollars for a subscription and not able to download 2 fonts in a reasonable amount of time. Taking now 3 hours to download. Something has to be address on Adobe's end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow the instructions here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/fonts-takes-too-long-time-to-get-installed/m-p/10429031#M...

If yes, and it does not solve the issue, yu should follow the instructions here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/fonts-takes-too-long-time-to-get-installed/m-p/11427439#M...

I can confirm that my computer has no trouble installing fonts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There shouldbe a limit to BS. Lis posting has nothing to do with "Slowness of activation" but for using the AFs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise in my case. Activating a single font can take up to 10 minutes or more and sometimes doesn't work at all (Adobe Illustrator 2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! I've had this issue for a few years now. It's beyond annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll never get anything done at this rate...and I have a ton to do with stringent/urgent deadlines!! THis is why I'm not a fan of cloud based products. Internet down, EVERYTHING DOWN!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation of fonts are taking Waaaayyyy too long! And I have the fastest business internet you can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously just googled this to see if this is the norm. Appears so. 😞
Sitting in InDesign now hoping it works, about to try and go through the website in hopes it moves quicker to register.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to speed up the installment of Adobe Typekit fonts? I am waiting for minutes and depending on the font, it goes quicker, doesnt install at all or takes restarts... What is going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Would like to know too! Wheres the refresh button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why this happens. I just know there's no excuse for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Takes forever to download a tiny font file. Adobe sure knows how "fix" things that weren't broken. This is very detrimental to the workflow and lets be honest....I want an "activate all" button to click before i go to bed so I NEVER have to wait again.

You're messing up, ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a real pain in the arse and is messing up my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I activate the font on the adobe fonts page, about 10-15 minutes later it's activated on my desktop. Has anyone found a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this is taking forever to just install a font. Unbelievably slow. I have high-speed internet up to 1000 mps download time and this is nuts. It used to be easy to activate fonts, now it's a real PITA. It slows work production down big time. Adobe fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2021 and the problem still exists. I'm having the same issue as well. Any updates on this Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines