• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/ missing updates starting with 11-2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we use the pub ftp for our enterprise deployments. We also use this ftp server to check for de latest version.  This is automated once a month so it will be automaticly included in the montly patch round. Without the requirement of human action. (automation for the win!)

Why is adobe not putting the latest version on the ftp?

since adobe (as far as i'm aware off) doesnt have a public rss feed with direct download links, this is (or was) the best option to automate the whole process.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe decided to stop updating the FTP site with the latest Reader updates, for some unknown reason, and despite it being a very useful resource for many users. Maybe @Dov Isaacs can expand on that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe need to re-think that. FTP site are the best way to get the software. I don't trust their other sites. To many years of them trying to trick you in to install junkware with the update etc. Please go back to making the FTP site the place all the updates etc go. Then the other Web links can link to the file in the FTP site. No need to have it multiple places etc. Just easy to get to places where one can see all flavors of a version, with out needing to choose which flavor, MAC, Win, etc, no need to use a fancy GUI to choose what I want I can just SIMPLY navigate to folder structure and find what I want etc.

So please fix the FTP site. There was no reason to fix what wasn't broke.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe have provided SCUP catalogs for many years, and it is to these that you were expected to have migrated. Which you would have known by, um, telepathic rays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hm , we don't use SCCM or SystemCenter for that matter to deploy software.

We use chocolatey. 

but maybe i can hijack the SCUP url/manifest, to get the needed information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the SCUP url is a cab file wich extracts to an xml file. that can easily be read with powershell:

[xml]$xml = get-content "D:\Reader_Catalog.xml"

$xml.SystemsManagementCatalog.SoftwareDistributionPackage[-1].InstallableItem.originfile

Digest : DrNCsu2d4s8e+oPco6hM7MrJnyQ=
FileName : AcroRdrDCUpd2001320074_MUI.msp
Size : 138498048
Modified : 2020-12-07T22:24:03.789Z
OriginUri : http://armdl.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/2001320074/AcroRdrDCUpd2001320074_MUI.msp

so it looks promising.  For now happy new year everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Ashley5C90,

Have you found the new location to download their mui.msp updates? Appreciate if you can share it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dunno if you ever found the link but if not, here it is! Click on the version you want and the download links are contained therein: Acrobat Enterprise Release Notes — Acrobat-Acrobat Reader Release Notes (adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines