• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Group by window when opening from taskbar

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the adobe reader icon always makes me choose between every single pdf I have open rather than just opening the program to where I last was. Why can't it just be like firefox or other programs, who group by windows and not by tabs. If you have two windows open, each with five tabs, when you click on the firefox icon it brings up the two windows and you pick which one you want. If you have ten tabs on one firefox window when you click on the firefox icon it just opens that window straight away rather than frustratingly forcing you to choose which tab you want to open! Also I do not want to enable "do not group icons" in the taskbar windows settings because then all of the icons spread out and have text descriptions which is horrible. This is not a problem with windows but with adobe reader. If internet browswers can group by window and not by tab then adobe should be able to too.

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrighty I found a workaround thanks to one peterschneider buried in the replies to the replies of another question. It would still be preferable if the separate windows were grouped into one icon on the taskbar, like firefox does, but this solution is almost perfect:

"You need 7+ Taskbar Tweaker

this is how I have done it

1- in Windows open Taskbar Settings - and choose Combine Taskbar Buttoms ---Never ( this will also solve the problem and abobe acrobat opens the last viewed tab maximized but the labels are very big and the taskbar can only show 4-5 labels )

2- open  7+TaskbarViewer  from system tray-  click on Taskbar Inspector - right click the programm you want ( not the the program symbol, click on the code above it )

3- choose show labels - and click on never

4- leave the others as they are

now you have to repeat step 2-4 for every program with big taskbar labels."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this, for sure. I'm too lazy to download that taskbar tweaker app though, so for now I'll just deal with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me on Windows 11. Drives me crazy! Did you figure out a workaround without having to install other software? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround should be that this massive multi-billion-dollar company called Adobe fix the issue instead of making their users deal with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is extremely frustrating and really kills the work flow. I really do not want to deal with the work arounds so I'm just jumping on to bring awareness to this issue in hope that it is solved by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines