• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I accidentally deleted all of my recents. Can they be restored?

New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted all my recent PDFs in Reader.  Can they be restored?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete them from your hard disk or just from the list of recently opened files in Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think just from the list in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just open them again and they will go back in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I go to open them?  How do I find them?  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

My issue is:

I open an Acrobat doc and click on share. I type emails in 'Enter name or email box'. Recent email addresses appear which I want to delete but I don't know how

Cab you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s the thing: you need to know where all your files actually are. Recent lists just save time, but we get stuck if we rely on them. Perhaps we can help you find them.

Some starting questions...

1. Are these files you made, or files you got in an email, or files from the web, or something else?

2. What is your system? For example Windows 7 or macOS 10.9.44.  If you don’t know how to find out just let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry I didn't respond to you sooner because I really appreciate your help.  I injured my knee and I wasn't using my computer since your last comment until today.

To my surprise, my recents, magically (to me), just showed up when I opened Acrobat Reader this morning.  I don't understand what happened to make them appear because I opened it multiple times before and they weren't there.  Needless to say, I am very happy that my list is recovered.  Thank you so much for responding to my request for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines