• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue when scrolling a pdf - There was a problem reading this document (135)

New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is when the PDF is created and rendered/previewed from Acrobat Reader and the issue is there for latest acrobat version too.

When you open the PDF in Acrobat Reader and then when you scroll it and if you have more that one page in the PDF, it gives an error saying "There was a problem reading this document (135)".

Is this a known issue in Acobat? Any resolution? Reinstalling acrobat version didn't help.

Thank you in advance...!

/Manu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem, this happen only on pdf file online such bank statements,receipts...I use IE9,changed to IE8 and is the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to be related to the PDF itself and not Adobe Reader. Please try opening the following PDF: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Acrobat_Reader_Rel easeNote_10.1.3.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could open this document and scroll down normally. Why do I have problems with other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too can open this and scroll without any issue. But I tried reading the stuff in that PDF and am here with no good answer still.

Thank you Nikhil for the reply and as Tennis2012 faces, I am still having the issue.

Y do you think it is not with the Acrobat version? You troubleshooted that?

I do the PDF rendering with my own process using Apache FOP and I wonder if the PDF creatation have anything to do with this.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manulak_Tech,

As you are able to view PDF I had provided, the issue seems to be PDF specific.

So when you scroll the PDF and reach to a page where Adobe Reader cannot read it, the error comes. I am sure the problem lies the way PDF was created. Can you describe how the PDF was created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell for me as they are files such bank statement or other document from websites...how can i know?

Thanks,

Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 01:29:45 -0600

To: ivoh1115@hotmail.com

Subject: Issue when scrolling a pdf - There was a problem reading this document (135)

Re: Issue when scrolling a pdf - There was a problem reading this document (135)

created by Nikhil.Gupta in Adobe Reader - View the full discussion

Hi Manulak_Tech,

As you are able to view PDF I had provided, the issue seems to be PDF specific.

So when you scroll the PDF and reach to a page where Adobe Reader cannot read it, the error comes. I am sure the problem lies the way PDF was created. Can you describe how the PDF was created?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Reader by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tennis2012,

Can you please share atleast one of the link to PDF with which you are seeing this issue? This is essential as we are not able to reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikhil

I'm sorry for the late rply.

BTW, I am creating the PDF using the Apache FOP and the FOP version is bit of an old one. But it does reproduce only at a specific machine. The acrobat version used to create that PDF is 10.1.1.

So whatever the previewing Acrobat version is, I think the Acrobat version which used to create the PDF.

I'm not also possible to share the PDF since it contains some information which is not exposable.

I know it is harder to investigate without the files but maybe this is known as I saw some posts in web.

BTW I got to know another interesting thing. Maybe Tennis_2012 can try this too. If you save the PDF once, and reorder another PDF and when you save the new PDF over that existing one (overwriting the existing one), this issue may be possible to see once in 5-10 times.

thnks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry for the late reply, I cant share the link as it contain personal information. I couldnt save it, everything on the website becomes disable,no options answer and the website becomes unusable...still dont know what it cause the problem

Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 02:16:35 -0600

To: ivoh1115@hotmail.com

Subject: Issue when scrolling a pdf - There was a problem reading this document (135)

Re: Issue when scrolling a pdf - There was a problem reading this document (135)

created by Nikhil.Gupta in Adobe Reader - View the full discussion

Hi Tennis2012, Can you please share atleast one of the link to PDF with which you are seeing this issue? This is essential as we are not able to reproduce the issue.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Reader by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tennis2012

Are you saving the same pdf over another? I mean, when you save the pdf to the local machine, do you replace the new with an existing. My problem is like that. The issue reproduces with that way only.

Can you try saving it directly a place without overwriting it?

If so, both our problems are same.

Maybe Nikhil got an input here.

/m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I order to look for the reason behind the issue, I need a problematic PDF. I tried Opening a lot many PDF's from different sources and cannot reproduce the issue.

Manulak_Tech, can you please explain how you exactly reproduce the issue. Please try the same with the PDF I had provided.

Were you able to view PDF's before updating Reader to 10.1.3 i.e, 10.1.2 or earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PDFs created with Chrome.  I'm "printing" a quiz page (html page) from a coursera.org class as a PDF.  I just upgraded to 10.1.4 and it seemed to start then.   I'm happy to upload one.  I just don't see an uplink for files.  Can you contact me outside the forum and I'll send you one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problematic .pdf that generates a (135) error message. How do I send you the document?

Casper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!  I have the same problem reading this document (135).  I created a document and sent it to my client for acknowledgement.  I couldn't save the document when it was returned to me.  I need to add comments for her signature every time I meet her.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue:

2.JPG

I believe i have fixed the issue:

Here are the steps on what i did:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

Afterwards, when you want to "save as", it saves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gregy3

Great thay you found a solution. By this way, we can make an unreadable PDF readable.

Thanks for that, but unfortuinately my issue occurs when the PDF is created from the code. We can't do the above steps for all the reprots generated from the system all the time you know...!

But, good that we have at least a workaround..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The premise of Acrobat 3D is to enable smooth collaboration amongst various non CAD users within the organization's workflow i.e. sales, marketing, visual merchandising, channel management, etc. who traditionally could not view evening dresses designs in 3D. With 2D pictures of 3D products, much data is lost, making the process inefficient and unproductive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to bring to life an old discussion but to put in two-cents... It seems this problem is due to how PDF pages are stitched together. I've had this error after using non-Acrobat programming (PDFBox) to stitch pages together. It's possible that some XML information, which is hidden data, that is not compatible with Acrobat brings up this error message. gregy3's solution makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines