• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key not valid for use in specified state - installation error

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Adobe Reader XI on a Windows 7 computer at work and I get this error message:  "key not valid for use in specified state."  What is going on and how do I fix the problem so that i can install Adobe Reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

This worked:

Solution 2: Re-create the Crypto folder.

• Close Acrobat.

• In Windows Explorer, do one of the following:

• On Windows XP, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Microsoft.
    • On Windows Vista, navigate to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.
    Note: These paths include hidden folders. To make hidden folders visible, see "Windows Tip - Show hidden files and folders" (TechNote kb402324).

• Rename the Crypto folder as Crypto Old.

• Open Acrobat. The Crypto f

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this message; can you try to run the installer from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since no one has seen this, I though I would post some images on the problem.

This is the error window for installation of Reader v11.x

Adobe fail.png

This is the error window for Reader v10.x

Adobe fail_2.png

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem as well and stumbled across this post. We had reader v11.x installed, but we have a copy of Acrobat that i was trying to install. So, I uninstalled Reader to later install Acrobat. After trying to install Acrobat, I got the same error message for Acrobat on the same computer.

My question is: what files could Reader have left behind to make future installation invalid?

I've cleaned out the registry and uninstalled everything from Reader. I even ran a Microsoft Fix it to find anything else to no avail. Anti-virus picks nothing up, there is nothing wrong on the sfc /scannow or with chkdsk on the Command Line.

What could be interrupting the installation and what key is it referencing?

Thanks, guys,

Jesus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my computer (networked with multiple levels of administrative ‘clearance’) I solved the problem by having the highest level administrator try to do the installation with his login and it completed the installation. Apparently I did not have all necessary priviledges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem when trying to install photoshop elements and premier. I own the CDs and it will not accept my serial numbers. I tried restoring windows 7 to the previous restore point thinking that there was an issue with a recent windows update, but that has not worked either. I tried chatting with adobe support and they directed me here...any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why Adobe Support would send you to the Adobe Reader forum with a Photoshop / Premiere serial number issue.

An appropriate forum for this issue would be https://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - even logged in as administrator on my laptop. Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had also logged in using my own administrator login. At my workplace, some administrators are more ‘priviledged’ than I am and they were able to complete the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're on the same network, but the user is logged on as an Administrator. Maybe if I try the install as an Admin. I haven't tried that yet.

Good ol' Adobe, making things so simple for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. System software needs to be installed under the Administrator user
  2. You are not using the installer from the link I provided in my 1st reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading, Version XI (11.0.08)

at

http://get.adobe.com/reader/download/?installer=Reader_11.0.08_English_for_Windows&os=Wind ows%207&b...

running, and installing _reader11_en_mssd_aaa_aih

I get "

adobe reader installer error

key not valid for use in specified state

Using Windows 7, tried google chrome and firefox browsers

system report created but could not send

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ran  cdeaner

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

installed AdbeRdr11008_en_US

I still get

and installed  key not valid for use in specified state

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the offline installer http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked:

Solution 2: Re-create the Crypto folder.

• Close Acrobat.

• In Windows Explorer, do one of the following:

• On Windows XP, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Microsoft.
    • On Windows Vista, navigate to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.
    Note: These paths include hidden folders. To make hidden folders visible, see "Windows Tip - Show hidden files and folders" (TechNote kb402324).

• Rename the Crypto folder as Crypto Old.

• Open Acrobat. The Crypto folder will be re-created automatically.

Error: "Creation of this signature could not be completed. Platform Exception" when you sign a PDF (...

Then deleted wse_andromenda files in control panel programs, run regedit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, rflexible! This totally worked for me!!

If you're getting this error, try this out first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing or renaming the Crypto folder worked for me - thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rflexible, renaming the Crypto folder worked for me when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't install some other programs. Thank you very much

I didn't delete any files in my control panel nor run regedit, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines