• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF file saving as Chrome HTML Document

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why my Adobe suddenly started saving all my "PDF's" as Chrome HTML Documents?  How can I fix this?!>!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi, I faced the same problem: Here is how I got on top of it:

1. On Windows 10: Click on MS icon on left corner of the task bar (4 rectangles or windows sign)

2. Right click > Control panel > Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations

3. Sort by Description (Other available options are Name, Current Default)

4. You will notice that the (Adobe Acrobat Document) PDF files have been associated with Chrome html or other similar file types like firefox etc

5. Click any one file name which is

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything as advised, open with, save as etc...  Bottom line for me was that I removed the chrome extentions that has anything to do with PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked after many failed attempts trying other proposed solutions - thank you! One other option here, as I had trouble figuring out the last step in Windows 11, is W11 gives you an option to reset all files to default open app. which solved the issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2022 UPDATE. These instructions from krishnaa0205 no longer work (MS has made changes). Here are VERY SIMPLE instructions to fix this issue. You can watch a quick video from Adobe support, or scroll down below the video for step-by-step instructions with screenshots.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/kb/not-default-pdf-owner-windows10.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the problem with my pdfs and google chrome. I followed the instructions:

Click on MS icon on left corner of the task bar (4 rectangles or windows sign)2. Right click > Control panel > Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations3. Sort by Description (Other available options are Name, Current Default)4. You will notice that the (Adobe Acrobat Document) PDF files have been associated with Chrome

The problem s that the control panel doesn't appear with I right or left click. The only way I can get to it is if I do a search. Then I open it, click on Programs, then Default Programs. There is no Set Associations at that time. My choices are: Set your defult Programs, Associate a file ype or Protocol with a Program, Change AutoPlay Settings, and Set Program Access and Computer Defaults. I've gone into each of these and cannot find the next step. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I noticed everyones answer but many of them didn't solve the issue for me. If anybody else said click on a pdf file within file explorer, right click on Properties, Opens with . . . . CHANGE to Adobe Acrobat, Apply, OK I would agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found an easier fix. 
Control panel

Default programs

Associate file type or protocol

Apps & features

choose Acrobat 

Modify

then follow prompts to repair. 
Ot fixed the problem and changed all my "html pdf" files back to .pdf files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't exactly what you wrote but it didn't work.  All my pdf files still display and "act" like html, with the html exentsions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I meant DID exactly what you wrote... etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall Acrobat Pro after some computer issues and every single .pdf was changed to a chrome html extension afterward. 

I fixed it this way ...

Open Acrobat

Edit > Preferences > General

At the very bottom click - "Select as Default PDF Handler"

When the dialog box opened on my machine it said "Keep using" and had Acrobat selected. I clicked on Acrobat again anyway and said ok. It instantly changed them all back to a .pdf extension. Even though it appeared like Acrobat was the default .pdf handler I guess there was a disconnect somewhere and it just needed a reminder of what it was supposed to use :o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines