Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF read out loud is working but pauses on new line

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe user family,

PDF read out loud is working but it pauses on new line which is very annoying as it disrupts the flow.  Anyone has any suggestions to fix this problem?

My Adobe version is 2018.09.20050

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Thank you  Madhu for trying all the suggestions. Please  reset the preferences of Adobe Reader, to reset the preferences refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

If the issue persists, please use Adobe Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Adobe Reader and restart the machine, download the cleaner tool from Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Install the Reader back from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Madhupdffan,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Read out loud is pausing on a new line, Is that correct?

Please try to repair the installation file of Adobe Reader from Help>Repair installation(only for Windows). Also, try to change speech speed from 'Control panel>Speech recognition> Advanced speech option>Text to speech'.

You may also refer to Reading PDFs with reflow and accessibility features

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

• Is it a Mac or Windows machine?
  • Is it happening with one PDF file or with all the PDF files?
  • Try with any other PDF file and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand Sri,

Thanks for a quick response. I have tried below things and it did not help.

1. Repair the installation file of Adobe Reader from Help>Repair installation(only for Windows). Done

2. Change speech speed from 'Control panel>Speech recognition> Advanced speech option>Text to speech'. Did not have to change anything as I have the right speed now.

3. refer to Reading PDFs with reflow and accessibility features​ . Not sure what to follow in this as it there are no pointers to configure read out load feature in this.

Find below answer for questions you asked for

• Is it a Mac or Windows machine? Windows 10
  • Is it happening with one PDF file or with all the PDF files? All PDF files
  • Try with any other PDF file and check. Tried on all PDFs and behavior still the same. Pauses on new lines.

Thanks

Madhu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  Madhu for trying all the suggestions. Please  reset the preferences of Adobe Reader, to reset the preferences refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

If the issue persists, please use Adobe Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Adobe Reader and restart the machine, download the cleaner tool from Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Install the Reader back from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and check the PDF file with the Readout  Loud functionality

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand Sri,

You are a life saver. Above steps resolved the issue which I had been struggling with past 2 weeks.  I uninstalled/cleaned Adobe reader on my laptop using the  Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs​ and installed the version given in the link above and it solved the problem. Thank you very much.

~Madhu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so awesome to hear. And Nice job troubleshooting that! Give us a shout if you need any assistance with Acrobat/Reader/Document Cloud Services in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

PDF read out loud is working but it pauses on new line .  I have tried all the above options. But the issue has not been fixed. Can you please help me out.

Thanks

Raj Kathiresan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines