• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print A3 page as 2x A4 pages - How do I do this?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a PDF document laid out as 2x A4 pages side-by-side on A3 - as it would be for a A3 size print to be folded into two. This is supplied from a website and I need to print it as A4 on my A4 printer to get good sized pages. (it is an application form). I am using Adobe Reader 9.4.6 / Windows 7 / Word 2007.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

The best I can do so far is to take multiple (ie, half page) screen snips and paste them together using Word to create a document close to the original - VERY messy and not too good on quality either!

Any ideas would be very well received.

Thanks, David

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Install Adobe Reader X.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Reader X you can tile large pages in the print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Bernd.

I have seen this suggestion in other similar questions but can not find how to do it. Can you please tell me where to find this option and how exactly to use it?

Thanks, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print dialog of Adobe Reader X:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Again!

You are being very responsive but I still can not get the necessary option. In my Page Handling box the option is not shown. All I have is:-

Page Scaling > None / Fit to Printable Area / Shrink to Printable Area / Multiple pages per sheet / Booklet printing - and therefore no Tile Scale / Overlap / Cut Marks / Labels options.

My printer is an HP Photosmart C4380 but I do not think that this would be the cause as the options would be a function of the Adobe Reader Print Function I would guess.

Maybe there is a facility which I do not have switched on, or maybe there is a download I need. Do you have any further ideas?

So glad of your input.

Regards again, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Adobe Reader X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bernd - Thanks, you have clarified what I did not realise. I had thought that "Reader X" meant any version of Reader.

Now that I understand that X is the newer version (I assume this is 10.1.1) then I can get on and do the deed!

Thanks so much for your persistence.

With best wishes, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Bernd

I have found a way to do what I want by using the snapshot tool to select pages one-by-one and then printing the snapshot. This is ok for now but your way may be better for larger documents so would still like to know your instructions please.

Thanks for your help.

Regards David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines