• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printer not listed in printer list

New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

listed in os, works with word, etc, but when i use adobe reader and wish to print a pdf, the printer is not listed! os = Windows 7 64bit, printer hp m451dw. Tried upgarding adobe to reader XI but no change. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

I had the same problem, I somehow finally worked it out.

Go to this link and then follow the things i am telling you below

Error 0x00000709 Cannot Set Default Printer on Windows [Solved] - Driver Easy

After Giving Permissions Go to Device again in same process

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows

and change the Device Name to your installed printer.

Hopefully it will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader picks up the printer list from the OS. It always shows the printer installed on your machine.

Kindly let us know the exact version of Adobe Reader if it is still not working fine.

To check the version, please go to Help-> About Adobe Reader X1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and my version is 10.1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kindly re-start the spooler services on your machine. Verify the printers list on the oS and then check whether all installed printers are seen using Adobe Reader Printer dialog or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem, Adobe Reader 11.0.06

The printer I need is not in the list.

It works fine for everything else, It is directly plugged into my computer, it shows in the services box as a printer I have.

When I go to print, its not there.....

I have 3 others, they are there.  But I need a bigger 11x17 paper so I print to a different printer.

It will not let me make it my default ?  So cant try that.

I have used the Adobe removal tool and reinstalled with no luck

Any thoughts ??

Where do I download an order working version of Adobe Reader ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem:

Windows 8.1 Pro.  Adobe Reader version 11.0.07

Printers show up in all other programs, but none in Reader.  I restarted the printer spooler to no effect. Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which printer do you have and how is it connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a couple years later... something is off with Acrobat... it is a company notebook, I cannot solve the issue...

2020-02-14_153629.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried updating their print drivers to the very latest available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having exactly the same issue, only the default printer appears in the list in Adobe however there are 4 networked installed from a print server on the users pc. This is affecting more than one user, and more than one PC.

Sometimes they appear fine, then the next time you open adobe there will only be one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.   My printer doesn't appear as an option.  And yes, it does have the latest driver installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Adobe Reader DC. I uninstalled it, installed Adobe Reader 11.0.15 and had the same issue again.

After a reboot it was resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2015.0.16.20045

My printer is HP Officejet PRO 6835.

In order to get around, I export pdf file to Microsoft Word document. Then, open the Word file using MS Word and print it from Microsoft Word.

It is so cumbersome to do this. Some page does not come out right. I think that the export is not really exporting it to the same format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Have uninstaller adobe acrobat reader DC three times uninstalled and reinstalled printer drivers. Contacted tech support. Am getting very frustrated. I have been on multiple forums. No luck! My problem started before I installed DC. I had an earlier version of reader when issues began. I can print every other kind of doc but PDF. The printer doesn't appear in the list but an old printer which I have completely uninstall DOES!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna.harris,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please refer to the help document to troubleshoot the issues related to printer Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Could be a possibility the printer drivers needs to be up[dated.

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

thanks for "standard answer". But it doesn't help.

I have the same issue - printer is not listed in Adobe reader printer dialog box, but is visible in control panel / printers and also in all other applications. when I set this printer (invisible in Reader) as default, then printer is available/visible in Reader and print is OK. But when I set another printer as default, this one specific printer disappeared from Reader again.

Adobe Reader: Adobe reader 11.0.17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I somehow finally worked it out.

Go to this link and then follow the things i am telling you below

Error 0x00000709 Cannot Set Default Printer on Windows [Solved] - Driver Easy

After Giving Permissions Go to Device again in same process

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows

and change the Device Name to your installed printer.

Hopefully it will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot @arunk70780826. You are a genius. Your suggestion solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018: Had similar problem using Windows 10 computer to a WiFi printer. It would appear in all my other printer lists, except when I was in Acrobat DC.

Solution:

1. Uninstall the printer through Windows Control Panel / Devices.
  2. Add a New Printer.
  3. Follow the on-screen prompts and select WiFi printer, not wired.
  4. When prompted for the printer's WPS/PIN code, check the printer's screen which will show its custom password to connect the printer to your computer. (This is like pairing your cell phone to your car's bluetooth.)
  5. Type this code into the printer's setup on the computer.
  6. Done.
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your help but it didn't work for me.
But I tried to delete the keys Device and UserSelectedDefault instead and reboot my computer, and now Adobe recognize both my printers ( I suppose that leaving it empty made Adobe update the list of printers )

Have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem . My problem got resolved with the solution menioned.

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with a standard user. I tried the registry fix. That didn't work. I made the user an administrator then changed his default printer to that printer and it worked. (I got an error to change the printer to his default, before he was an adminitrator.) Adobe was now able to print to it. Then  removed user from being an admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines