Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing from Adobe Reader DC after Win10 Anniv. update prints streaks

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated to Windows 10 Anniversary update today (on 4 computers), and I noticed that when I try to print some pdf documents (both to my HP printer and Microsoft print to pdf) from all four computers that instead of text all I get are black streaks.  It worked fine before the update (I printed this same doc yesterday) and it prints the same from all four computers to two different printers (well, one printer, one pdf printer).  I uninstalled Reader DC and downloaded a fresh copy and installed it.  I also uninstalled the HP printer driver (though the fact that it prints the same to the pdf printer tells me that its not the printer driver).  I would appreciate any assistance.

I have attached a print screen of the original pdf and of the printed version.Original-pdf-doc.jpg

printed-pdf-doc.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We thank you for your patience and support on this.

The issue is still under investigation and we are working on the fix. Since the issue appeared to start occurring after Windows 10 update, the fix might require some changes from Microsoft and it might take some time.

For now, the team has identified a workaround for this issue “black streaks while printing.”

Here’s the KB article: Acrobat Reader DC prints streaks after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Adobe guys, can you give us some feedback? Seems like in a short time no user will be able to use THE Reader!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We thank you for your patience and support on this.

The issue is still under investigation and we are working on the fix. Since the issue appeared to start occurring after Windows 10 update, the fix might require some changes from Microsoft and it might take some time.

For now, the team has identified a workaround for this issue “black streaks while printing.”

Here’s the KB article: Acrobat Reader DC prints streaks after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary update

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the registry fix.  It worked for me right away. 

Since it's a simple registry change, I'm assuming that you will build it into an Adobe Reader update so everyone can benefit from it and not have to mess with the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Shivam

nice to hear but after I use this workaround with the registry keys some document have now no longer streaks but not all. I use this workaround on 10 working places in our company and all user have windows 10 pro with anniversary update and 64bit OS in combination with adobe reader dc.

Please find enclosed an example which is don't resolved. We have this issue often by printing amazon fba labels.Unbenannt.JPG

I blanked some lines in the address, barcode and fba-number but where the streak under "ship to:" is this is a "compressed" text. To fit into the space. The space between letters in this line is very small.

Thank you for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reaction since my reply to your workaround from 07. Oct. 2016

... this thread is open since almost 3 month.

I can serve more examples if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi moguaii ,

Could you please confirm if this is happening only when you are trying to print fba labels?

Would it be possible to send some sample documents to us, i have sent you a private message for the same, please respond to that message.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Shivam.

I just sent you an email with 4 samples of documents in original and printed scans.

It seems that there are some issues if the document has "compressed letters" with less space.

We tested this documents with other versions of Adobe Reader (version x) and also with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0 both versions under Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607, too. And there are no streaks in the documents that I sent you.

Kind regards
Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi moguaii

Thank you for sending the pdfs, will keep you updated on the progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The link to the KB article says this is resolved with the latest update. It wouldn't update so I used the adobe removal cleanup tool, restart, followed by a fresh install and update to the latest version. On the latest version now, and still getting these streaks on one of my printers. I have tested with two Windows versions and two printers. Win10 anniversary, and Win8.1. HP and Canon printers, both network printers. The issue is only between the Win10 machine and the HP printer. The Canon is printing correctly from both machines and the HP prints correctly from the Win8.1 machine.

I will list more specific HP printer model/driver/etc if needed. The PDFs are mostly forms from government websites that I could link to.

This doesn't seem to be fully resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mintBerryCrunch

I am sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please confirm the version of Reader DC installed on your machine?

To check the version of Acrobat Reader DC, launch Reader DC>navigate to Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems this problem has been out there for awhile and there are plenty of people reporting it. Microsoft seems to acknowledge that there is an issue as well. Your system requirements don't mention that Adobe Reader DC supports MS Edge. Given these factors, I have to wonder how seriously Adobe is about fixing this problem, Everyone seems to indicate they have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Adobe and their printer software, but you keep asking the same questions. My question is when are  you guys going to team up with Microsoft and get this fixed. Very annoying issue and it is making a lot of people unproductive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Adobe Reader update containing the complete fix for "black streaks while printing" issue is now available. This update will be automatically applied to all existing installations of Reader DC. You can also open Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Release notes for today's release are here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/DC/dccontinuousjanuary2017. html

Please try it out an let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-installing DC the problem returned with printing streaks, I applied the registry fix and it's now printing correctly, glad I have a limited amount of machines with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines