Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing from Adobe Reader DC after Win10 Anniv. update prints streaks

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated to Windows 10 Anniversary update today (on 4 computers), and I noticed that when I try to print some pdf documents (both to my HP printer and Microsoft print to pdf) from all four computers that instead of text all I get are black streaks.  It worked fine before the update (I printed this same doc yesterday) and it prints the same from all four computers to two different printers (well, one printer, one pdf printer).  I uninstalled Reader DC and downloaded a fresh copy and installed it.  I also uninstalled the HP printer driver (though the fact that it prints the same to the pdf printer tells me that its not the printer driver).  I would appreciate any assistance.

I have attached a print screen of the original pdf and of the printed version.Original-pdf-doc.jpg

printed-pdf-doc.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We thank you for your patience and support on this.

The issue is still under investigation and we are working on the fix. Since the issue appeared to start occurring after Windows 10 update, the fix might require some changes from Microsoft and it might take some time.

For now, the team has identified a workaround for this issue “black streaks while printing.”

Here’s the KB article: Acrobat Reader DC prints streaks after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi edwardbuck ,

Could you please tell if this is happening with some pdfs or with all of them?

Have you tried printing from other applications like MS Word or Notepad?

Also , try to perform the step which are given here: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Why-does-my-Turbo-Tax-print-verticle-black-lines-using-adobe-q15404...

Let us know about the results.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shivam,

It is only happening on certain pdfs, not all of them.  I'm not sure how I would open a PDF in Word or notepad, but when I open the pdf in Chrome or Edge browsers and print from them, it prints fine.

Also, following the steps in the link you provided ("Print as Image" under advanced settings) the pdf prints fine, also.

So I guess this is a workaround, either printing in a browser or printing as image, but it is disappointing (and a little odd) that it won't print correctly from the native Adobe Reader application (without the advanced settings).  Since everything worked correctly before the Windows 10 anniversary update, and doesn't after (on four different computers), it is obviously something that changed in Windows 10 that is causing the problem.

Do you know if it is possible to make "print as image" a default setting so I don't have to change it every time I print?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi edwardbuck ,

Try to check if there is an update available for Reader,

Launch Reader>click on Help menu>Check for updates. If there is, download and install it ,restart Reader and then try to print and check if its printing fine.

For setting "Print as image" a default setting,Launch Reader, click on Print,select your Printer from the list,click Advance>check the box Print As Image if you haven't already .Then,close Reader and next time when you will print , it will remember the settings.

Let us know if you face any issue.

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The first thing I did was uninstall Adobe Reader and install the latest version, on the assumption that they might be an update to fix this issue.

Thanks for the info on "Print as image" check box.  It is now set.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of these things, and when I go to select Print As Image, that option is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with a pdf file (not all pdf files) on all the computers I've upgraded from Windows 10 build 10586 to build 14393 (anniversary update), using Adobe Reader DC 1501720053.

It prints the exact same streaks pattern on 3 different printers.

If I print the same pdf from a Windows 10 build 10586 computer, it prints fine.

Even if I print the same pdf using Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 build 10586 computer redirected to the same printers on a Windows 10 build 14393 computer, it prints fine.

The pdf also prints fine using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 build 14393 (anniversary update).

N.B. The "Print as image" works as a work-around, but isn't a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with adobe reader 11.0.10 printing some pdfs.  I have fixed this problem by locating a patch for adobe reader 11 here 11.0.17 Planned update, July 12, 2016 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes​ . This strongly suggests that it is a adobe reader issue with windows 10 anniversary update, rather than anything else. Hopefully there is also a patch for DC that will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We have tried to reproduce the issue at our end, and found that  Adobe Reader DC printing streaks instead of text after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary update. We will further look into it and will update you with the progress.

Thank You for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have this same issue ... Adobe please help or I have to start using Nitro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danieln24978930 ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we are looking into it and will update you with the progress.

Thank You for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Que no entiendo el ingles mandate lo en español

El jueves, 1 de septiembre de 2016, Adorobat <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

escribió:

Printing from Adobe Reader DC after Win10 Anniv. update prints streaks created

by Adorobat <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Adorobat> in Acrobat Reader

- View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/8979708#8979708>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the exact same issue here with Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Adobe Reader DC (fully updated).  Printing the PDF through Microsoft Edge or using the Print as Image option in Reader is a workaround.

Wasted a LOT of paper and time on this.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, went back to Adobe 11 and everything is printing good, I will use that until the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian-007 , gregd122470 ,

We are aware of the issue and looking into it, will update you with the progress.

Thank You for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Staff, I can confirm the same results as shown in multiple posts on this forum. Our new (6-month old) PC with Windows 10 Pro and Adobe Reader DC was able to print PDFs properly to our HP Enterprise M651 for 6 months  until a recent (automatic) software update. I'm not sure which updates, but I assume the Windows 10 Anniversary one. Since then ALL PDFs appear fine on screen but when printed look like they are "redacted" with thick black lines covering all text from the right margin streaking to the left.

I tried all of the following with no success:

- setting Reader DC's "compatibility mode" to Windows 7 - still black lines

- uninstalling Reader DC and installing Reader XI - still black lines

- downloading and installing a new copy of Reader DC - still black lines

All PDFs (and the same PDFs) do print properly from:

- the Windows 10 computer using just the Edge Browser (not Reader)

- a Windows 7 computer with Reader XI and Reader DC

A month is a long time for this issue to stay unresolved - we do a lot of printing for legal purposes and this has us looking for alternatives to Adobe software for the future... any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10, Build 10586.589 - Pre anniversary update.

Adobe Reader 2105.017.20053 has given similar results on occasions, namely streaks.  I notice this some time back when printed tax returns from TurboTax.  Other problems I have encountered have been partial printing of some fields or some fields not printed.  These are interactive text boxes.

I uninstalled Adobe DC 20053.  Then I installed Adobe 20050, but got error messages saying that a later version of Adobe was already installed.  This failed several times.

I then used the off-line installer to install Adobe Reader XI which seems to have resolved the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence of events.

1. My customers call me saying none of our forms print out correctly now.

2. Tried rolling them back to Adobe XI, no luck. Note that this was the version I was using at the time and not having a problem.

3. Tried Foxit, same problem.

4. Installed current version of Acrobat DC on my computer. I now have the problem.

5. Uninstalled DC and reinstalled XI. I STILL have the problem.

So DC must overwrite some system file that handles PDF rendering (might not be the right word for it). Anyone know what this file might be and how to restore it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on Adobe?  This thread has been active for nearly two months!  Really? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue as well.  Any update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Staff - can you please give us a time estimate on a fix for this? We depend heavily on your software, but will be forced to find an alternative unless you can provide a fix. At very least, please communicate what the issue is and when it might be resolved? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the problem is spreading together with the Anniversary Update and we still don't have a real fix!

Please, Adobe, proceed urgently, otherwise we will be forced to migrate to other softwares. All of our PCs are now affected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, unless said migration comes with a wipe/reinstall of your computers, you might be out of luck. Once the problem started, switching to another PDF viewer (foxit) didn't help. The only workaround that works that I have found is as follows...

1. If you are dealing with forms printed out via a laser printer, as others have mentioned Print as Image works.

2. If you are printing via a dot matrix printer like an Epson or Okidata (for printing onto carbon copy forms like Installment Contracts and such) you need to revert to adobe 11. You can get it here: https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?fileID=5519&ftpID=5507.

Note: Do NOT turn on the Print as Image option for your dot matrix printer if #2 applies to you, it will totally jack up your printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Fox-it Reader and it is printing the problem PDFs just fine.  Apparently, it's an Adobe problem...or Fox-It knows how to put out updates in a timely manner. 

I was also pleased to see that Fox-It allows me to zoom in and out by holding down the CTRL key and rolling the mouse wheel...a feature that Adobe Reader *used* to have, but removed for some asinine reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE shifflav: That's strange. I tried downloading Foxit for my customers and it had the same problem Adobe did. I wonder what the cause for our different experience is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines