Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader 2019.010.20064 - XFA forms open twice then fail to load data

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since upgrading to Reader 2019.010.20064 our XFA forms open twice but fail to load data from the server.

An example can be found here:  http://www.aduk.net/xfa/test.pdf

The page creates the XFA then matches it with the PDF.  The date time should display in the 3rd text box. 

This was working globally before the 2019.010.20064 update.

What do you need from me to help you fix this?  It's business critical.

Regards

Andy Davey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

I updated on my PC by using 'Check for Updates' in Adobe Reader DC. It works fine to open my xdp.

I updated on my Mac by using 'Check for Updates' in Adobe Reader DC. It does not open my xdp as if the fix is not there.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.22.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely disappointing and is having a major affect on our business!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

Could you be more specific on briefing the EXPECTED date.

Is it Jan 19th, 2019 or Jan month of 2019.

Please advise.

Regards,

Varad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you so much for your time and patience.

As mentioned by Tariq, the team is currently working on a fix and the official patch will be available in the first week of January 2019.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the second update and clarification.  First week of January will be easier to handle than January 19th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This case also occurred in our company and we would like to try out the test version patch.

Would you please send us the patch of the test version?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe ever considered a downgrade path for Acrobat Pro DC users, or an easier method for turning off auto-updates?

This issue could've been solved for me in a couple of hours if I was able to get an older version of Acrobat Pro DC installed and turn off auto-updates (I was able to turn off auto-updates, but I had to go through regedit in Windows 7/10).

I could easily find a downgrade path and previous versions for Acrobat Reader DC, but that program isn't fully featured - my users require the ability to edit, print, etc. so the reader is of almost no use.

Thank you,

Brandon McKibben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

This issue is having a profound workflow impact on an enterprise level application that my company supports for one of our clients.  Hundreds of users are affected and a universal rollback to an earlier version is simply not a tenable solution, especially at this time of year when resources are thin due to the holidays.  You stated that a patch would be available during the first week of January.  Do you have an update on the exact date of the scheduled patch?

Thank you for your attention on this matter.

Jay Kench

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and Happy New Year.

Do you have any update as to when we can expect the Adobe Reader patch this week? 

Thank you
Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

It has been over a week since the last official Adobe response on this thread.  I have also attempted to find other references for the previously discussed hotfix, on the Adobe website, without any luck.  Can you please provide an update to this distribution on when the patch will be deployed to Acrobat Reader users?  The temporary resolution to revert to an earlier version of Reader isn't really a resolution available to most enterprise solutions that utilize this functionality, from a logistics perspective.

Again, thanks for your consideration,

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmation - Adobe DC updated using menu Help > Check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy and Team,

It seems to be working as expected now at our smoke test. We will provide our complete feedback once its done.

Thankyou again..

Varad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Successfully tested against all combinations of our forms and functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy & Team,

First of all - Thankyou and Adobe support team for fixing this on swift actions.

In future, to avoid these sort of issues form our(client/vendor) perspective - we would like to validate the upcoming versions for Adobe Reader used by our enterprise applications.

Do you or Adobe support team has any kind of

•      beta releases for future/upcoming release build
  •      notifications the could help us to have a heads-up, that newer version of Adobe is getting released
  •      any existing standard exercise to accommodate vendors/clients like us before releasing the product to the public

Since this incident has been a SHOW-STOPPER for our community, this has been added to the CAPA list of our enterprise.

Please advise the recommendations & options to avoid this in future.

Thanks,

Varad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on a fix for Mac?

I need the Mac and Safari to work again…

Printing a xdp…it works on IE but on Safari it downloads and does not open which it did not do in the past but opened on Safari and loaded the pdf. I have an example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Varad,

​

​We would like to add you to our Acrobat Beta release programs  so you/your team can experience and test the Beta versions of the upcoming releases. With reference to that, can you share your email ID that I can send the Pre-release invitation too?

​

​Thanks and regards

​Ajay Jain (ajjain@adobe.com)

​Adobe Document Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact me at this email.

Keith Stephenson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ajay,

I still have not heard on the Mac?? Any word on fixing this?

[Printing a xdp…it works on IE but on Safari it downloads and does not open which it did not do in the past but opened on Safari and loaded the pdf. I have an example.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Far So good - we are updating Users as they call in.  Keeping our fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your time and patience on this, the official patch of Acrobat/Reader

Reboot the machine if possible and check.

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update.  I have 2 questions:

1. I received a notice on Dec. 24 stating the case was closed and to fill out survey. I didn't try the program because it was Christmas Eve. But, today, I tried "Help" & "look for updates" but no updates were available; but, the form actually worked.

2. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I downloaded the first of the two below.  Do I need to download the second one?

ReaderOut of cycle updateAcroRdrDCUpd1901020069.msp218 MBAllDC base
ReaderOut of cycle updateAcroRdrDCUpd1901020069_MUI.msp117 MBAllDC base MUI

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

Do you have an install version, not the updater. I cannot get the Upd to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated on my PC by using 'Check for Updates' in Adobe Reader DC. It works fine to open my xdp.

I updated on my Mac by using 'Check for Updates' in Adobe Reader DC. It does not open my xdp as if the fix is not there.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 11.22.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to do 2 forms and then on the 3rd, it crashed again! I have the 19.010.20069 and going to Help and Search for Updates states "No updates available."

Please help! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines