• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC 2019.008.20071 - Sharing make you save. Cannot email without saving

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a web based application.  We open a report within the application and it opens Adobe Reader.  The next step is we would email this report to select recipients. 

On our previous version of Adobe 2018.011.20063 our normal practice was to hit File > Send File > Attach to Email...

On version 2019.008.20071 we now click on File > Share File... We get a window that states...  The PDF document needs to be saved before continuing.

-We have never had to save before.  Why now?

-Also very confusing that you have moved the whole email option under sharing

So now we have to save the document.  So the process is...

Open Report > File > Save > Pick location and file name to save >  File > Share File > (Or simply click Share under the Sign In
upper right of the page) > This opens Share menu on the right frame of the page. > Send as Attachment > Default email application.

Sure is a lot of unnecessary steps!!!

Is there a way to be able to email a PDF that is opened from an application without having to save it first?

A registry setting or possibly a preference that would stop the requirement of having to save the file?

Better yet... Adobe... bring back the File > Send File > Attach to Email... back!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Could you please follow the steps at: How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment  and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Inserts.PNG

I am sorry I am not familiar with the technical terms but I created little "cheat buttons" for my guys and all they have to do is hit the name they want to email it to and it pulls up as an attachment still. From there I can choose to keep that receiving email or change it.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not work for us.  We cannot modify the form.  Also we have 900+ in our agency so we cannot really create a cheat list unless we are emailing it to ourselves and then sending it to our desired contacts.  And at that point we might as well just save it and attach in Outlook that way.

So hopefully there are some other alternatives...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really screwing things up for us and our accounting department as well.  We used to email the contracts over to the person who needs to sign it.  They would add a signature and hit the email button and outlook would just open up.  Now we have to go through the whole process of saving it, then going through the menus to choose how to share it, then finally sending it.  Its really pissing my boss off and I dread telling him there's no way to fix it because adobe chose to make it the new standard.  Please if anyone has a work around let me know.  Or an installer for an older version would possibly even work for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found a great solution to this regressed Adobe version (19.008). I deleted this version recently downloaded. Went on the internet and downloaded the old one (v,11.10.08) - installed it. ALL is back to what it used to be. It opens your email, you do not need to save and delete afterwards, etc. etc The way it used to be for years!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We receive daily PDF reports of up to several hundred pages each of varying data sets and need to pull out specific data page types into different "piles" and send them off to many individuals or departments. 

Prior to this update we could File > Send File > Attach to Email then close without saving.  As all we need to keep are the original PDFs (and we have shared inbox sent items, if we need to look at specific sent files)

I've tried to find a way to turn off the save requirement (like we could the stupid tabbed view), but have been unsuccessful.

Are we stuck using this slower less user friendly method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Could you please follow the steps at: How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment  and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines